Anything that does not fit into other topics.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Tuning the Fiat Abarth 220whp!

Post by Greg Gordon »

As some of you may know I have been doing a lot of work tuning the new Fiats, specifically the Abarth, although I am also working on the 500T and 500L.

The hardware I am using is the South African Unichip system. I am doing the software portion, meaning the actual tune. I have been very happy with the quality of the hardware and the flexibility of the product.

So far we have release three official tunes, each with various options. The take the car from about 165whp up to as much as 220whp. The system connects to the factory ECU and harness and is plug and play. The best thing about the Unichip system vs most flash tuners is that the tunes can be updated with relative ease, and the system can store up to 5 tunes as once and be switched from the driver's seat.

We are currently working on using this same system for the new Alfa Romeos that are hopefully coming to the US. I feel our work on the Abarth is giving us a good head start on using Unichip with the new Alfas because they use the same basic engine.

Here is a stock power run:
Attachments
Stock Dyno.JPG
Stock Dyno.JPG (52.22 KiB) Viewed 5193 times
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Re: Tuning the Fiat Abarth 220whp!

Post by Greg Gordon »

Here is a power run with our Stage 1 tune. This is done with no other mods. It's 91 octane friendly and the car really goes. With this tune, the car EASILY out drags our Hyundai Genesis coupe 2.0T R-Spec. It also easily beat the Toyobaru FRS/BRZ, JCW Mini and a lot more.
Attachments
Stage1 Dyno.jpg
Stage1 Dyno.jpg (107.77 KiB) Viewed 5192 times
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

I guess I should have posted a picture of the system:
Attachments
Unichip.JPG
Unichip.JPG (42.73 KiB) Viewed 5192 times
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Lastly, here is our Stage 2 power run. This one was combined with an aftermarket intake (Eurocompulsion's R3T-V2) as the stock airbox was causing a pretty bad pressure drop at higher rpm with this tune. Thus, this one requires an upgraded intake and 93 octane fuel.

This tune is essentially the same as our Stage 1 tune below 4700rpm, however above that it's another animal. It's intended for the true enthusiast.
Attachments
Stage2 Dyno.JPG
Stage2 Dyno.JPG (52.14 KiB) Viewed 5192 times
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Awesome gains there Greg, very nice.

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Ecu and injectors, lightened.....plays music.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Thank you. We are continuing to develop products for this new platform.