Anything that does not fit into other topics.
KevinR
Verde
Verde

Spa Trackday Alfas

Post by KevinR »

Nice sounding 12v motors on standard road tyres going around Spa this last weekend
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=em- ... 2VjG9piWic

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b2b0n9MN-Tw
MD
Verde
Verde

Re: Spa Trackday Alfas

Post by MD »

Kevin,

What's with the absence of standard racing regulations here on a race track. No roll cage and no racing suit for fire protection for the driver !!! Utter bullshit.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

Most clubs allow it. Not saying it's the safest way to do it, but this looks like it's not meant to be a 10/10ths track day. In the club I ran with last time, if they see that you are an aggressive driver, the will flag you down and bump you to the more advanced group and require a rollage or at least a rear rollbar with proper restraint, clothing and fire extinguisher.

Although I have to say, if you have race cars in the same group, I'm a little wary as they tend to be a bit aggressive. All you need is a Vettel wannabe in his Cupra race car dive bombing in the turn and taps you a little bit....then you would have wished that you had that rollcage installed.

But that 75 understeers quite a bit, a stockish car? Are they all Alex Jupe's customers? Revs past 6K rpm and sounds great, so I'm guessing it's a 75 3.0 Motronic.
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Over here in the land of more sunshine than you can fit into an over inflated personality and swaying palm trees, it's the track Marshall that sets the track requirements. Being in a club is completely irrelevant. It is the track owners who carry the legal liabilities for injuries and accordingly set the minimum standards of safety ie. CAMS or AASA.
If you are going on a track day experience driving at other than racing pace along with others doing the same thing just see what it is like to be on a race track, no roll cage or suit is required. However in such events there is no "mixed" field allowed.
The set up you describe is a disaster waiting to happen. It defies logic to have a mixed field.
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

All Kev wanted to do was post some vids. :lol:
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Yes I agree with you, we all know it's Kevin's fault. :mrgreen:
KevinR
Verde
Verde

Post by KevinR »

Hey MD you live in a nanny state ! I heard even the surfers have to go out with a shark cage around them so they don't get nibbled on :D
Jokes aside I did say to my mate last week that he should use his car that has a roll cage in for trackdays as I really don't want to see him sipping his food through a straw for the rest of his life when he slips on some one else's oil and goes tumbling through Eu Rouge !
I personally always wear my HANS device every time I go out onto the track.

...... You still live in a nanny state :wall:
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

...wearing a HANS device on AASA tracks in racing is compulsory here.

Yeah Kevin this nanny business is terrible. Why only the other day I got mobbed by a bunch of them,.Lucky I managed to take a photo I.D. for evidence. I am sharing this with you in case you get bushwacked yourself in your next visit to Oz.
Attachments
Nannies.jpg
Nannies.jpg (49.03 KiB) Viewed 5770 times
Maurizio
Verde
Verde

Post by Maurizio »

KevinR wrote:Nice sounding 12v motors on standard road tyres going around Spa this last weekend
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=em- ... 2VjG9piWic

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b2b0n9MN-Tw
Ah.. next time give a short announcement in advance. I live only 85 [km] from Spa.
I was visiting Spa 2 weeks earlier to have a walk around during the rma trackday. (Some really nice "non-alfa" track tools).
Banned.. ? ;-) Daily donky.. ==> BMW 325d Image
E36M3 (3.0) Ringtool :twisted: ==> definitely BANNED!

AR 75 TS Ringtool '90, AR Spider 2000 veloce '79