jol
Silver
Silver

Post by jol »

Barry wrote:Aaah,A revived topic..nice.

On a S.A. spec motor,small chamber volumes,low dome pistons,the cr works out to 8.12:1 .

Do remember that Euro and us spec engines had large volume chambers and high dome pistons compared to the S.A. spec.
So do the math here..It should be pretty similar though.

The bush used for the small end offset is made from bar stock.Its not something off the shelf..
If you have a competent machine shop the guys will know how to sort this out for you..

Just looking at a post above regarding 30l crank and 2.5 pistons..The pistons will protrude above the sleeve by 1.85 mm in this combo...
By pretty similar, you mean the compression in Euro/Us-spec is somewhat 8.12:1 right?

Yeah I get it that it's made from a bar, but what metal/alloy is the bar made of? :) Could manufacture the bushings I guess.

I got the 3.0L block and heads, but look into using the 2.5 crank and rods with 3.0 liners and pistons since the 3.0 crank has some suspected bearing failure.

The answer to not fixing the 3.0 crank is the money, I'm studying and I could just aswell get a entire 164-3.0 from a junkyard for the same price as the work on the crank work would cost me.

Haven't measured the valve clearance or compression yet either, so I'm more of searching for alternatives than spending Swedish kronor :)
The milano very sold, some day some other Alfa...
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

How about a 3.0 24v 164 engine with a 2.5 crank in it? Have a 24v with a bad crankshaft in it and a good 2.5 one lying around...

If i just put it in without changing the s/e bushing would get low compression, ideal for the M90 Eaton :D

What would be a wise idea to do with all of these parts?

-get a new/good 3.0 crank+M90. low boost.
-get a new/good 3.0 crank, dish in the pistons+M90. higher boost.
-2.8 low comp.+M90. higher boost.

Third option looks best for me...

Would use bigger injectors, Gotech and frontmount GB.
Drive it like you stole it...
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Giuliettaevo2 wrote:How about a 3.0 24v 164 engine with a 2.5 crank in it? Have a 24v with a bad crankshaft in it and a good 2.5 one lying around...

If i just put it in without changing the s/e bushing would get low compression, ideal for the M90 Eaton :D

What would be a wise idea to do with all of these parts?

-get a new/good 3.0 crank+M90. low boost.
-get a new/good 3.0 crank, dish in the pistons+M90. higher boost.
-2.8 low comp.+M90. higher boost.

Third option looks best for me...

Would use bigger injectors, Gotech and frontmount GB.
I reckon option 3 as well.. 8)
M90 will work a treat-1.5l displacement per revolution.Im looking at the same thing at the mo..!

You have to post a pic of your Giulietta for me..Please.
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

Will take pictures next month when she comes home from storage... :oops:

Am busy now building the intake manifold( using the 24v manifold with the big-bore runners from the QV). 8)

For the GB i have to finish the adapter i've made so far. it uses the clutch cover from a BMW 735 Getrag GB with a cut off flange from a 75 V6 flywheelcover... Just need to line them up properly and weld them together.... Also have to figure out what to do with the small bearing for the primary axle.
:(
Drive it like you stole it...