Nicholas
Silver
Silver

Low RPM stutter

Post by Nicholas »

My 85' GTV6 2.5 sometimes exibits a temporary stutter when under load below 2000 RPM.

I have checked all the settings on the EFI system and the HT leads are brand new (Magnecor).

Any ideas
Nick
GTV630
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Post by junglejustice »

Mine was doing the same... It was also running very poor when cold! When the rpm is at or below 2000 (even once warm) and I try to apply light load, it would surge and sputter unless I went FULL throttle then it would just maybe surge a bit and then jump and pull right through it!

Very noticeable with light throttle increase at low rpm…

Vacuum leaks - buy the kit from Greg Gordon - about 120 bucks and it will smooth this puppy right out...

Also, the new GoTech has made a HUGE difference in how the car runs, throttle response etc.

The power will also be there as I fine tune the mapping.
...to Alfa, or not to Alfa? That is the question...
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Nick,Trade secret # 503!!!

Replace your rotor and the stutter should go away.You might have to replace the dizzy cap as well.If its a Bosch rotor you might get away with simply cleaning it very well-dont scrubb off the shiny insulating coat.If its Echlin,replace.

Let me know how you fare....

Barry
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Nicholas
Silver
Silver

Low RPM stutter

Post by Nicholas »

Cap and rotor button have been on the shopping list for a while now.
I have cleaned them a few times in the past but I don't know how old they are and they should be replaced.
I'm replacing the rear engine mount tomorrow so I'll do the cap and button as well.
Nick
GTV630
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Nick,Wassup?You sort out your problem??Let us know mate.......
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Nicholas
Silver
Silver

Post by Nicholas »

...after long absence, the problem seemed to stem from my Magnecor leads and the green wire that runs from the dizzy to the silver box (Spark Amp). I pulled the dizzy apart cleaned and reassembled remade connections on green wire and went back to OEM style 7mm copper leads. All seems to be well now !
Nick
GTV630