tImBoWe
Gold
Gold

Total seal rings

Post by tImBoWe »

Hey Guys, When we get this motor apart, gonna have a little freshen up. Where would be the best place to purchase a set of Total seal rings? We have an ajent here in N.Z. but he's not too interested by the sounds of things [6 emails later]. Had a good read up about these rings on the net. They sound like the ducks nuts! Probably score some hotter cams as well.
Cheerz Tim. BTW, The boring down through the studs is working. 1 head has 25mm movement now!
SamW
Platinum
Platinum

Post by SamW »

http://www.paulspruell.com/motorsport/r ... parts.html

A little pricey

http://store.summitracing.com/

This is where I bought mine, both are US sources, but hopefully both would ship to you.
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Post by junglejustice »

I have a JC open with Total Seal and we have purchased 93mm Gapless as well as Standard Competition units from them

I would onl d te middle ring as gapless and then use their Standard Comp at the top en Alfa oil rings at te bottom...

Less that 300 USD for the set.
...to Alfa, or not to Alfa? That is the question...
tImBoWe
Gold
Gold

Post by tImBoWe »

Thanks guys! Those racing parts shops make me weak at the knees. Oooooo Ahhhh. Wheres that plastic card with the numbers on it??? Cheerz Tim.
Alfa GTV6 NZ
Gold
Gold

Post by Alfa GTV6 NZ »

Cams Wise,

Kelford camtech in Christchurch did a set of custom grind cams for my 2.5l.

I dont think i could get the lobes any bigger unless i ground bits out of the head.

I'm sure its similar to the 164s cams, maybe someone here can tell me the differences.

How close are they?
Attachments
Kelford Camgrind
Kelford Camgrind
Cam Info Alfa V6.JPG (250.65 KiB) Viewed 5204 times
1987 GTV6 - Livin in New Zealand.
tImBoWe
Gold
Gold

Post by tImBoWe »

Hey Karl, Got 2 pair of spare cams. Maybe kelfords would be a goer! They did the cams for my Fraser 7. Toyota allteza 2 litre. Ground the lobes right off, then had them built back up in different place. Cant wait to get that fired up. Noddy Murdoch is the Toyota wizard from down here, has setup the engine for me. Ported, camed, lifted compression ratio and lightened the fly wheel by a substantual amount. Reckons it will be good for 230 hp. Like the whole finised car weighs in at 580 kg. Serious power/weight combo. Shes been backburnered at the mo tho. Alfas taken priority.
Will check out Kelfords tommorrow. Thanks Tim.

www.fraser.co.nz