JasonR
Silver
Silver

Engine starts and dies

Post by JasonR »

I know this has been covered but can't find any old posts. '86 GTV-6 starts for a second then dies. This is after an extended (4 month) down period in which I did a lot of work and played with many electrical connections and included removing the dash and replacing all fuel hoses and vacuum hoses. Verified that the fuel pump is working, quiet pump though, I couldn't hear the pump but could hear the flow of fuel thru the hoses. Checked various grounds but thought I would check here for some ideas. I've seen this discussed many times on the old forum and thought that I could quickly get numerous suspects. Any ideas? It seems that I'm starting on my cold start injector but the main injectors are not firing.

Jason
Boise, Idaho
86 GTV-6
74 Spider
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

old forum still searchable

Post by Zamani »

Too busy to diagnose, but you can search the old forum:

http://www.alfagtv6.com/discus/
JasonR
Silver
Silver

Post by JasonR »

What a difference a day makes. Went out last night with only a few minutes to work on it and veryfied timing, checked for loose connectors or hoses and hooked up the multimeter to an injector connector to veryfy whether the computer was trying to fire the injectors. Result was that the car started right up with only five injectors firing. Hooked up the last injector and she was running still. A little rough but I'll give it a little workout before I get too worried about that. Next step will be to see how it does out on the road.

Jason
Boise, Idaho
86 GTV-6
74 Spider