jisop
Silver
Silver

AMETECH ENGINE RESTORE OIL

Post by jisop »

Has anyone try this product? I've found this AMETECH ENGINE RESTORE OIL on ebay. I am always VERY sceptical of these "MAGIC POTIONS" where the manufacurer claims all sorts of things.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ALFA-LANCIA-ENGI ... dZViewItem

It said Ametech will quickly repair any worn engine for a very low cost and keep you driving without downtime. AMETECH RESTORE OIL CopperSilverLead (CSL) particles will repair everything metal to metal : manual gearboxes and standard differentials, hoist cylinder hydraulics, cylinders, pistons and rings, valve guides, crankshaft, main bearings, camshaft, bushings and bearings, oil pump gears and bushings, most power steering systems (P/S), and bring dimensions back to very near to original specifications.

My 85 GTV6's engine is a bit smoky at high rpm. It burns bit of engine oil 1L /350km. I need to change valve guide and recondition head.

Any comment will be appreciated
Thanks
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Snakeoil... :!:
Que Boludo
Gold
Gold

Post by Que Boludo »

put BP Corse plus 25-60 oil and start saving for a rebuild.

I have a good 3.0l 75 engine for sale, anyone?
I maka de list, you Justa geta the parts - OK! Wise words from the great master Toni Baloney – Ginger Fingers.
enginerestore
Silver
Silver

Post by enginerestore »

Hi Barry, I can't agree snakeoil as we have repaired over 6200 engines here in the UK since Nov 2003 each with only a couple of cans of RESTORE. We have over 2600 happy clients (100% approval on ebay uk) and only 3 negatives - one man had his cam belt fail after 100 miles and blamed RESTORE and two others complained about late delivery by the Post office. I hereby affirm that 500ml of RESTORE and 500 miles will repair any worn 2litre car engine enough to pass any MOT emissions test and any cylinder compression test. RESTORE will permanently add at least 50psi to any worn smoky cylinder within 500 miles. I challenge you to prove it doesn't work and i will accept a 6 pack of beer in lieu of your apology :-) We offer a 100% unconditional money back guarantee. thanks daveb Director Ametech Ltd - Engine Restore Oil UK
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

It's possible this could work, new technologies come around, products get better all the time. However because this same basic claim has been made by so many other products that didn't deliver, you will be fighting an uphill battle to prove your stuff if different.

Alas, I don't have a worn out engine to test it on.
DaveH
Gold
Gold

Post by DaveH »

enginerestore wrote:I hereby affirm that 500ml of RESTORE and 500 miles will repair any worn 2litre car engine enough to pass any MOT emissions test and any cylinder compression test. RESTORE will permanently add at least 50psi to any worn smoky cylinder within 500 miles.
:idea: So does it un-wear valve guides and re-harden camlobes? What about re-sealing vacuum leaks? Can it un-burn sparkplug electrodes? De-foul injectors?

Can I give you my credit card number right now?
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

I just wonder...

How does this product knows where the engine is worn and needs building up?
Does it know the differance in the material in the piston rings and cylinder liners or even the camshaft bearing.

Sounds like a really clever product... :wink:
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Mezevenf
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Mezevenf »

Mats wrote:Sounds like a really clever product... :wink:
Nanomachines! Wooo! :D
Bernard M (AKA Mef - Mezevenf)

1986 75QV 3.0L 24v V6 - Silver
1985 GTV6 2.5L 12v V6 - Red
1999 166 3.0L 24v V6 - Red

NightSpec
enginerestore
Silver
Silver

to be fair ...

Post by enginerestore »

To be fair, Ametech Restore cannot repair a broken piston ring or a burnt valve or valve seat. But it CAN inexpensively diagnose these problems. The key is to run the sick engine for 500 miles with a can of Ametech RESTORE in the oil and measure the lift in compression across all the cylinders. If ONE cylinder does NOT lift the compression to an acceptable level ie above 100psi after 500 miles of Ametech, then that cylinder has a burnt valve, burnt valve seat or a broken compression ring that will have to be mechanically replaced. But the point is that at least you know what the problem is. The other worn cylinders will be fully restored in terms of a psi compression test. thanks daveb enginerestore
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Wow, and here I waste time by doing a compression test dry plus another with a squirt of oil down the bore. Good to hear there is a faster and cheaper way. 8)
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

the technology has been around for a while. just not for the motorist. based on or around boron, lead silver, copper etc the usual heavy elements.NASA and aerospace have been using this technology since the 70s, its an invasive metal filler. very effective for advanced lubrication, and NASA would have designed it around known material specs for the application and components.

I do wonder about various points tho.

How do you account for the hundreds of different material specs in engines and guarantee global compatability? afterall it effectively plates rough or worn surfaces.

i.e.

Long term compatibility with exotic alloys such as hepalite, magnesium, duralite etc etc?. How does it behave long term with turbos? superchargers? magnesium parts? metal composites? How does it differentiate between wear and specific purpose tolerance, or metal porosity in castings? What about tolerance oil fed systems, such as tensioners? what is the effect of long term increased lead, silver, copper exposure to pump seals, valve stem seals of Viton, fluoroelastomer, and Mineralised rubbers?

How does this product avoid thes the problems that other products encounter?

Its obviously a very good product for dragging out the inevitable re-build, but Im not conviced as an additive for healthy engines

previous products instill cautiousness!

MJR
la_strega_nera
Platinum
Platinum

Post by la_strega_nera »

Anyone else wondering if the Oil filter will just load up with the filler particles?
enginerestore
Silver
Silver

Product Review "Engine Restorer Oil"

Post by enginerestore »

Product Review "Engine Restorer Oil"
Greg Hall, Technical Editor, ATV Connection Magazine USA
www.atvconnection.com/Features/ATVReviews

Is this just another Snake Oil? We put it to the test!
There are many so called "miracle" oil additives on the market that claim to do everything from clean your motor to increase performance, decrease emissions and increase gas mileage. I am here to tell you most of them are just Snake Oil. However we have been hearing glowing reports from people who have tried Engine Restorer by Restore Automotive Products. The claims were quite astounding; increased compression, reduced oil consumption, increased power and better fuel mileage.

EXPLAINING AWAY THE CLAIMS
These same claims have been made before by other products. However it was easy to explain away how the products did it. Some oil additives reduce oil consumption because they thicken the oil. And thick oil is less likely to slip past the piston rings if the seal with the cylinder wall is less than perfect. Other oil additives claim to increase performance by increasing compression by removing any varnish buildup in the the piston's ring lands, the grooves the rings ride in on the piston. This would allow a stuck ring to move freely again and seal harder against the cylinder wall. However if there are scores or scratches in the cylinder wall, the rings will still leak compression.

"ENGINE RESTORER" CLAIMS
During normal engine operation, the piston rings slowly wear into the surface of the cylinder wall, creating tiny imperfections. These gouges or scratches then create a channel for pressurized combustion gasses to slip past the rings down into the crankcase. This does three things, first the available compression is lessened as the gasses pass downward into the crankcase. Two, this "blowby" contaminates the engine's lubricating oil with combustion gases containing acidic compounds. And three, crankcase lubricating oil is drawn upward through the same scratch channels into the combustion chamber to be burnt. This is where your oil goes in most cases if an engine is burning it (the exception would be a worn valve guide and seal).
Restore Engine Restorer claims to fill these scratches and improves the seal between the piston rings and the cylinder walls. This means higher compression and a more balanced compression across all cylinders. Since power output and engine efficiently are tied to engine compression, an increase here would naturally raise power output and increase engine efficiency thus raising fuel mileage while lowering oil consumption. The company claims that independent road tests prove "Engine Restorer" brings back power to near original levels.

“ENGINE RESTORER” IS NOT AN OIL ADDITIVE
According to the company each can of Engine Restorer contains billions of CSL micro-particles in suspension in a neutral motor oil of high quality. Each CSL micro-particle contains Lead (40%) dispersed uniformly throughout a Copper (60%) matrix with Silver.
Engine Restorer is added to the motor oil but it is not an oil additive. An oil additive, by definition, is a product which is added to automotive oil in the crankcase with the intended purpose of modifying the oil characteristics such as viscosity, detergency, or foaming. Engine Restorer is not an oil additive in this sense. It is rather an engine additive because it acts on the engine itself playing a double role. The CSL particles fill scratches, grooves and other worn out areas between the piston and the cylinder wall in the engine. The CSL particles provide maximum natural lubrication due to their percentage of lead, even under very high temperature.
The action of RESTORE reduces friction and rebuilds metal surfaces, which restores lost power and reduces oil & fuel consumption. It works effectively wherever friction and wear cut scratches in metal surfaces, such as cylinder walls, crankshafts and bearings.
Ya, Right! And I have a bridge for sale too!

THE PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING
One of our chief ATV haulers is a Ford Ranger, 3.0L, 5-speed, 4x4. At about 75,000 miles the motor started to use a quart per 3000 miles. By 140,000 miles the motor was using a quart every 1000 miles and power was noticeably down in top gear. There was no visible blue smoke or fouled sparkplugs, just the motor was using oil. We had read the hype and seen the testimonials, so we figurred it couldn’t hurt to give it a try, ‘cause we would only be out $7 if nothing happened. We added a 6 cylinder can of Restore Engine Restorer to the Ranger and within 500 miles we noticed an increase in power and the oil consumption decreased to a quart every 2000 miles during the normal 3000 mile oil change interval. Not bad! At the next 3000 mile oil change, we added another can of Engine Restorer and proceeded to rack off the full 3000 miles without needing any more oil. Not bad at all! Oil consumption had been reduced to the level of a new motor!

THE DOWNSIDES
Restore Engine Restorer is not to be used in wet-clutch motors where the engine oil lubes the clutch plates. Apparently the CDL’s lead content would seal the friction plates of the clutch and make them slippery, causing the clutch to slip. Can’t be having that! Also it can't be used in 2-cycle engines where the oil is mixed with the fuel and is burnt in the combustion process. All that bad lead being released into the air!
So while Restore Engine Restorer can't be used in your ATV's, it would be perfect for your truck which hauls your machine out to "God's Country".
Restore Engine Restorer comes in 4 cylinder, 6 cylinder and 8 cylinder size cans, depending on what size your motor is. We have been purchasing the 6 cylinder size at discount auto stores. We consider it cheap considering what it actually does, and from now on, all our high mileage vehicles get "Restored"!
Restore Automotive Products www.restoreusa.com

Greg Hall, Technical Editor, ATV Connection Magazine USA
www.atvconnection.com/Features/ATVReviews
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

You know if we really was interested we would find this information by without your help.

Go peddle your stuff somewhere else please.
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
imparadiso
Silver
Silver

Post by imparadiso »

right on Mats! sell that elsewhere.