mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Crisp exhaust note

Post by mjr »

Hi all,

ok. exhausts. I currenty have a twin tail pipe Ansa set up. It just doesnt do it sound wise, Im not happy with it. I have lost that nice crisp sound the GTV6 has, and ended up with a dull droning sound without that nice crispness. I used to have the same sort of sound that one of the chaps on this forum has, cant remember his name, but he did the video of the red gtv6 in the tunnel. So my question is. Who or which manufacturer makes the twin tail pipes that give that lovely classic gtv6 crisp rasp. I miss it! I want it back! :cry:
mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

Sorry meant to say, other exhausts apart from stebro, thats what I had before, very nice sound, but apalling build quality, it rotted away in less than 2 years.
Michael
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Michael »

How about CSC?
http://www.ebspares.co.uk/news12.htm
I have the headers and they are great - I'd recommend getting them coated to ensure longevity though since they are not Stainless. I understand that they also make big-bore CSC tail pipes which can be used with the headers - thats what I'd like to get to finish my system.
Michael
1981 GTV6
mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

strangely enough , I have just baught a CSC tail section with 500 miles on it only, to fit to the car, so I was looking at fitting the rest when my downpipes next need replacing. The price is very good I think , too. Did it make a performance difference for you? Are there any dino results for these headers\manifolds.any one else had poor longivety with stebro tail sections, or was it just me?