Guiliettav6
Silver
Silver

Guilietta V6 Twin Turbo

Post by Guiliettav6 »

Good day Alfisiti's. I have a Guilietta V6 2.5i. I am in the beginning stages to fit twin turbo. Do you have any suggestions/advise regarding cooling system, EFI. will I be using one or two airflowmeters with a twin intake or use the standard EFI? :o
patzo_3l
Platinum
Platinum

Post by patzo_3l »

id suggest no airflow meteres at all...save yourself the trouble and go a stand alone engine management system like an autronic or something from the beginning. by the way what have you done to the motor?
patzo_3l

3l gtv6 turbo 85'
2006 147 gta selespeed
1990 75 twinspark
1998 spider
2.0l gtv 85'
33 1.7ie
Guiliettav6
Silver
Silver

Post by Guiliettav6 »

just basics, gasflow, cams(288 duration 11.5 lift on inlet and 7.9 lift on exhaust) bigger airflowmeter (BMW 733i), performance exhaust. I am busy fitting a 'box in front with Alfa Six diff at the back. Alfa Six Braking system (4 pod brembo).
Dawie GuiliettaV6
patzo_3l
Platinum
Platinum

Post by patzo_3l »

ye not bad the alfa six was. i actually saw one in real life a few months ago and was impressed with the 4 pot brakes and rear diff setup. id always none about them but as they were never sold here never seen one in life before. if u have spare time u think u could share with us some pics and info on your front mount box conversion. i too am pondering this option or the use of a front drive transaxle mounted at the rear in the de dion....hahha...maybe i could even hook up a selespeed system to it. jokes jokes. nah but really a 6 speed gearbox from some front driver could be made to work.
patzo_3l

3l gtv6 turbo 85'
2006 147 gta selespeed
1990 75 twinspark
1998 spider
2.0l gtv 85'
33 1.7ie
Guiliettav6
Silver
Silver

Post by Guiliettav6 »

i'm sure I could fit in a few pics as soon as i'm finished. from start to finish. you need to cut the body work though. but only a little. the only 'box that will do the job is a BMW 325 box. it wont be a six speed though. It is very difficult to get the alfasix sedan 'box in manual as most of them came out in auto in South Africa. I came across one auto a few months ago that was still in good shape but I stripped it for spares as I only brought it for the prop diff and front braking system which is also very scares because of the fact that the Alfasix sedan was never a popular car but the only Alfa V6 with a front mounted g'box and a diff on the de dion the same size as a GTV6 g'box. now the search begins for a V6 flywheel that mounts on the crank to fit the g'box in front. but I will keep you posted.
Dawie GuiliettaV6
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Dawie,Find a 164 manual flywheel or a new 156/gt manual flywheel..problems solved..New from dealer-about R1200.00
As for the box,go BMW 535i Gertrag box,either dogleg short ratio or std pattern averdrive fifth.. :wink:
Guiliettav6
Silver
Silver

Post by Guiliettav6 »

thanks a lot Barry. help appreciated. do you have any suggestions to the head gaskets. which to use. there is a place in the USA that make copper gaskets and they charge about R1200 for both. thats not bad to what we pay for standard ones. i did the V6 conv myself and I want to do this myself as well so I need all the help I can get.
Dawie GuiliettaV6
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Have them done locally...and use our sealing rings..Im doing a 20l turbo with copper and rings at the moment...
Shout if you want to have a look...
Attachments
DSC00018.JPG
DSC00018.JPG (150.45 KiB) Viewed 5936 times
Guiliettav6
Silver
Silver

Post by Guiliettav6 »

thanks that would be great. if you can give me the address we can arrange a meeting.
Dawie GuiliettaV6