Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

This is a Chinese ripp off rod.A lot of guys here are using them NOT knowing they are Chinese..The surprising thing is that they are pretty good!!
Big turbo Mazda 16v engines with BIG boost and 400hp Nos on these rods..
8 second cars are using these..!!! :shock:
Attachments
Picture 034.jpg
Picture 034.jpg (149.27 KiB) Viewed 3433 times
Picture 033.jpg
Picture 033.jpg (141.64 KiB) Viewed 3436 times
patzo_3l
Platinum
Platinum

Post by patzo_3l »

barry, you are spot on the money with what i am talking about. i too know of a few big hp engines running these 'knock-offs' and funny thing is they seem to be lasting the distance. thats what im on about its only a matter of time before they start to move there way into making more precision engine parts like valves and such if they have not already and im not aware of it. can only be good for the little guys i guess at the expense of the larger more renowned companies making bits like these.
patzo_3l

3l gtv6 turbo 85'
2006 147 gta selespeed
1990 75 twinspark
1998 spider
2.0l gtv 85'
33 1.7ie
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Patz,Yes,absolutely agree..
Do a search and you will be amazed at what the Chinese are REALY manufacturing..Pistons for some European made cars!!!

I myself have recieved e-mails from China whereby they ask for technical drawings so thier "engineers" can look at them and qoute on manufacture..
Depending on quantities,they will even send a resident engineer over to me for a period of time!
These boys are turning the world on its head!!

Btw,the rod in the pic is going into a Lancia Intergrale evo....

I have a little Optimum Lathe and Milling machine-made in China-damn accurate and pretty good quality.. 8)

Then again I have a Pipe cutter from China...this thing cuts a thread instaed of a clean cut... :roll:
hagen111
Silver
Silver

Post by hagen111 »

Barry wrote:Patz,Yes,absolutely agree..
Do a search and you will be amazed at what the Chinese are REALY manufacturing..Pistons for some European made cars!!!
Wow, this is interesting. What is the cost saving compared to an original Carillo for a pair of 4?
Alfetta Sedan V6
75 Milano TS Ring Racer
Giulia Squadra Bianca
'67 GT(A) Replica
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

H,I paid approx. R 4000.00 for the rods here..landed via an agent,in my hands..
Carrilos would cost me R10 000.00 .
Pauters are about R6000.00.

Rand /dollar is about 7:1 now.. :cry: :cry:
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.