Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Diffs I have plenty of,manual and auto-dont worry,your not going to break it,they are super strong......

Thanks for the rack.Will go down well..
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Andrew.b
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Andrew.b »

Believe it or not - Julian managed to kill one diff and second gear on the bm box!! all replaced now, but would be nice to have a spare in case?

Cheers
Andrew b
Micke
Verde
Verde

Post by Micke »

Barry, I think one roll of duct tape isn't enough to rapair that one. Better buy two at the same time.
Nothing "racing tape" can't fix ?-)

Have to say - Sorry mate.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Daaamn thats a hole... :D

Second one I've seen in the last three months, was able to grab aluminum "eggs" both through the block and the sump on a friends engine a while back... :o

Now that is one strong rod, I'll never doubt them again. :)
Makes me feel a little better about using them on my build (4 cyl though, hope they are the same quality).

Micke: Don't you mean "Jesus tape"? :D
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Well,we are back on the road again-Fitted the 3.0l this weekend and started it today-Drove a couple of k`s and all is good-pulls well.

Also gave a Honda v-tec a hiding.Damn,this engine is good.

Also got the call from the engineering shop that my 3.8l is ready-Ive still got to assemble and profile the piston tops,so this is going to take a while..(3 days??)

Barry
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Hey Barry,
At the rate YOU're going, thats 3 more days than you need to blow this one up too, heheh! :lol:
Jim K.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

So, in a matter of about a week you are going from 2.8 to 3.0 and now to a 3.8!

The 3.8 will be tough to top, you may have to stick two of these together to make a big V12.
Andrew.b
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Andrew.b »

Hey Barry

You gonna use the throttle bodies on the new 3.8 ??
Andrew b
GTV6
Silver
Silver

Post by GTV6 »

Hallo Barry,

Bad luck for you... but since I am searching for one or two pistons for a 2.8 Gleich I was wondering what you are going to do with the pistons and some other parts (headgasket?). I am very interested if you are willing to sell some parts. Thanks in advance.

Greetings,

Arjan
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Greg,no,I have to wait untill Ive earned a couple of Rands first-This playing with cars is detramantal to the finances.Ill run the 3.0l for a while.The 3.8l is still getting some nice custom goodies,and this all takes time.

Andrew,no,the t/bodies are out.I will run a single 2.5 tb with a custom intake manifold.Works well for a daily driver.

Arjan,The 2.8 I built used S.A. 30l pistons and big valve 2.5 heads.I have no idea what Mr gleich used in his doodlebug.Post a picture? Use atd. 30l 75 pistons and heads .That would be the route I would follow.....

Besides,my old 2.8 is realy stuffed.It got so hot that when I stripped the crank out it was totally dry-no oil residue at all.The conrod bolts that were there were all blue from the heat.I had to replace the front coupling as well as this was burnt.To get the propshaft out,I had to strip the engine sub in the car to loosen the rods and mains so it would turn.Made a load of work for myself here.

Found the gudgoen pin-a thousand bits of steel in the bottom of the sump.

Barry
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Barry,

Wow 3.8L! Nice one.

BTW, I heard you have a 156 2.5 V6 engine in your kitchen? Is it an almost plug and play in my 155? Although I think if I put in a unichip and hotwire MAF, I could make a 156 V6 6-speed piss in the pants.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Z,Yea right! That engine is used to power the cooker!!

Someone mentioned the fact of using a boggo std. 24v 2.5. I have given this some thought and this might just be a cheap alternative to the high dollar big engines.If you have driven a 156 2.5 you will know what Im getting at.

With a std 4.3 or 4.1:1 box this little engine will be dynamite!Some thing to ponder......

Barry
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Barry,

Was referring to Hamish's 2.5 24V engine actually. I also visit alfa156.net regularly.