cchan
Platinum
Platinum

147 GTA Cam Timing Tools

Post by cchan »

Hello,

I purchased 147 GTA cams since I was told that they would add a nice pop to my 24V and pair up with my custom exhaust and 44mm intake runners. I hope this is true and that I really get 270 Hp. We will soon see :D

Anyway, my engine is running rich and we think it maybe the cam timing. However, I need to get a cam timing set for the 147 GTA cams since the orginal set up will not work. I informed Phil that this was done but he wants to double check this. He also said that I will need this in the future to change my timing belt so I was wondering if anyone knows where to get this tool?

Thanks for any help and I will post more pictures and a video of the dyno tune to share with everyone. :D Almost done :D :D :D
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

run a search on google.uk for sealey tools and you will find the right cam timing blocks... get ready to hate that friggin gbp!
v
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Cam timing..running rich?? :roll:

You can time the 24v cams without the blocks..Ive posted on doing that on this forum before..

If you cant find it Ill do it again..
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Post by junglejustice »

Barry is right, you don't need cam timing "tools" - there are marks on the cams to line-up with the heads and it is super accurate!

Besides, the cam timing on that motor is perfect, I wouldn't suggest screwing with it. The GoTech needs to be tuned right now.
...to Alfa, or not to Alfa? That is the question...
cchan
Platinum
Platinum

Cam Timing

Post by cchan »

Thanks JJ & Barry,

Phil said that we say these marks but felt that were not useful. Where do we line it up on the heads? I also told Phil that the cams were already addressed but since I hired him, I am letting him do his thing.

For the Gotech, I think the red light is suppose to always be on. Can someone confirm this. Also, it there a good email / phone number that we can get to get additional information?

We are looking at the Throttle Position sensor for the idle for now. Alfa is also very rich and we are going to start with the Gotech for now.
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Post by junglejustice »

Leave the TPS alone - you don't need it with a single throttle - far away from the intake on a naturally aspirated car. Leave the GoTech on MAP - it will work 100%.

Set the idle using the idle-set screw. Period.

Line the cam marks up with the flat surfaces of the head INSIDE each set of cams (on each head...)

One or two of the cams have some other little markings on them from the manufacturing process - the timing marks are VERY clear!

Again - don't fuck with the cam timing.

Install an air/fuel-ratio meter probe in the exhaust or up front in the exhaust-bung.

Launch the GoTech program and plug in to the ECU, start the car up - advance the screen up to the rpm-range that the car is idling in using "Page Up"...

Follow the load-bar and go to that load-cell (as well as to the two bars to it's immediate left and right) and adjust those down...

See where the load-bar is - MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE ON THE FUEL SCREEN AND NOT THE TIMING SCREEN WHILE DOING THIS. If not - hit the "I" key on the laptop and move the active load-bar to the fuel screen and now make the changes.

You or Phill call me any time - 425.941.4747.
Last edited by junglejustice on Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...to Alfa, or not to Alfa? That is the question...
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Before I got access to the tools i also used the marks and they are spot on. Two of the marks are not as pronounced as the othe two. I also ran the gta cams. Works well but you pay for performance(heavy on fuel)