patzo_3l
Platinum
Platinum

3.oL 12v original head gaskets

Post by patzo_3l »

has anyone had any problems with the latest type original head-gaskets. just curious to hear a few comments on these as i have recently observed 3 3.0L v6s all using this latest type of gasket available, leak water from the rear of both banks of heads. now i know the problem is the gap leftover when the head is already torqued down and the top of the sleeve is pushed up tightly against the head. basically i have spoken to a few different people and some seem to say this is a common problem with the old 3.0L, while others say that they all leaked slightly when new even from the factory and then stopped leaking as acidity slowly built up and acted as a "leak stopper". now they only do this when cold, but for a lady driver who never opens the bonnet or "gulp", never warms it up b4 driving, this could prove to be a problem as each day the level slowly goes down. [/i]
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Patzo,I use Victor Reinz Headgaskets and have never had a problem.On my own engines I have even used 10 year old Reins gaskets that were second hand.Never a problem mate.
You dont perhaps have some other problem here?? I have been dumb enough to pinch the inj. harness between the head and block before........

I am finding that a lot of the old 3.0l blocks are sagging in the center, ie cyl 2 and 5.Ive had leaks here on occasions.....

Barry
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.