allalfa
Silver
Silver

What size engine is this???

Post by allalfa »

I have this bad boy sitting in my garage, I was told the mileage is lower than 40.000, I inspected the oil sump and removed valve covers, it is absolutely like brand new, does not even have a sludge deposit in it. Anyways, I thought it was a 2.5, but this does not confirm my thoughts, is it a 3.0?? Below, showing respectively the right and left rear banks.
Attachments
forum2.jpg
forum2.jpg (88.13 KiB) Viewed 3932 times
Forum1.jpg
Forum1.jpg (109.49 KiB) Viewed 3934 times
MR2 Zig
Verde
Verde

Re: What size engine is this???

Post by MR2 Zig »

Look under the timing covers on the right (dizzy) side and behind the starter on the side of the block.

also check the block part number at the rear of the block on the left side and report that...I will check mine too.

I think you have a 3.0.
MR1 Zig (I made rate!)
Machinery Repairman USNR
allalfa
Silver
Silver

Post by allalfa »

Will do, there was a post on the old forum that covered this, unfortunately there was never a concrete answer I am afraid. So, I will check what you suggested, and in addition if that does not solve the problem, I will pull one of the heads and measure the liner and do some math.
MR2 Zig
Verde
Verde

Post by MR2 Zig »

If I remember right the engines ar marked with either 2.5 or 3.0 on the block like i suggested and on the head under the timing cover of the right head and on the firewall end of the leftt head. 2.5 engine part number starts off with 1911 and continues.
MR1 Zig (I made rate!)
Machinery Repairman USNR
scott.venables
Gold
Gold

Post by scott.venables »

Yes AR01911xxxx is for a 75 2.5, but I think GTV6 and Alfa 90 2.5 are different prefixes