niczii
Silver
Silver

fitting an 75 v6 thermostathousing on an gtv(916)waterpump

Post by niczii »

i know this is possible since i have seen it in builds/pics on several occasions. but when i tried it myself the fit was less than appealing :|

as u can see in the picture the smooth surface off both the housings are matching up to av very small area, and the hoseconnections to the cylinder heads are not exactly good.

do any1 here have any good knowledge of these type of swaps? maybe i should get a waterpump from another v6 24v, or another type of thermostathousing.. i don't know how to solve this atm but i hope someone here does.

Thanks /Daniel - Sweden
Attachments
badly matching thermostathousing
badly matching thermostathousing
DSCN0841.jpg (136.82 KiB) Viewed 3338 times
"The Alfa 75 on which it was based was the second or third most unreliable car ever sold in the USA, only inching out the terrible Renault 5"
killaz
Platinum
Platinum

Re: fitting an 75 v6 thermostathousing on an gtv(916)waterpump

Post by killaz »

Don't touch water pump. Thermostat housing and piping is three piece unit; ones you change on original engine are top and bottom (swap them to rwd v6). Part in the middle should be original one from that 24v (together with thermostat)..

Here is final look, although engine is from AR164.

niczii
Silver
Silver

Post by niczii »

but i heard of a person that took that bottom part from some model that fitted right on, only had to redrill one hole on the bottom part for the thermostathousing and then i fitted the 166/gtv waterpump. do anyone know wich model it might be?

edit: the picture shows the gtv waterpump(the stock for the engine i use) and an 164 12V lower piece of thermostathousing. the match is not even near good.
Attachments
DSCN0850.jpg
DSCN0850.jpg (153.08 KiB) Viewed 3174 times
"The Alfa 75 on which it was based was the second or third most unreliable car ever sold in the USA, only inching out the terrible Renault 5"
killaz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by killaz »

Now I see what troubles you... :( I can only say that waterpump from AR164 3.0V6 will not fit to your engine block - becouse of different line for water.