Veglia Borletti
Silver
Silver

TS racing cam advice! What to buy?

Post by Veglia Borletti »

Hello guys!

My friend drives a bertone with an TS 8v engine in it. The engine came from an old sweedish GTV racecar, and we dont know the CR. Its got Asso pistons, 48 DCO/SP webers, and a CSC 4-2-1 manifold. The cams are Colombo & Bariani 320 Corsa on both inlet and exhaust!

The engine has a very small powerband.. :roll: lets say from 5500-7500 rpm. We have tried different carbs, cam timing, venturis etc.. to get it more driveable, but with no luck at all. We think that these 320C cams are to wild. They are not for sale at C&B anymore either.

Here in norway we have short narrow tracks, and we need a wide powerband, tourque, and a driveabilty more than crazy revs!

If anyone could recommend a pair of nice cams to this engine, we would be very happy!

Regards,
Ola
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TS racing cam advice! What to buy?

Post by Zamani »

I would recommend that you ask JimK or contact AlfaR7@aol.com for a suitable cam.
Dr. Alban
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Which Swedish Racecar was it from? I know "a few" of the Racers here in Sweden...
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Veglia Borletti
Silver
Silver

Mats wrote:Which Swedish Racecar was it from? I know "a few" of the Racers here in Sweden...
Red Alfetta GTV! ex Moberg!

:)
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Ok, so what do you want to know? :wink:

Come to think about it, Webers? I'm quite certain it had dellortos when it left Johans care. I also know it's been in pieces due to a cracked liner so some of the original spec is maybe out of date.

What happened to the actual car? :?
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Veglia Borletti
Silver
Silver

Mats wrote:Ok, so what do you want to know? :wink:

Come to think about it, Webers? I'm quite certain it had dellortos when it left Johans care. I also know it's been in pieces due to a cracked liner so some of the original spec is maybe out of date.

What happened to the actual car? :?
Tjena Mads! I will answer you in norwegian since I find it a bit hard to write about carparts in english.

Når Moberg GTVn kom til norge så gikk motoren veldig dårlig. Fusking og lite effekt. Den nye eieren ga opp og fikk montert en nyoverhalt standard TS motor med orginal Motronic. Bilen er fortsatt i fin form, men den er faktisk til salgs nå for 60000 NOK.

http://cuoresportivo.no/index.php?topic=27892.0

Den gamle motoren ble tatt opp og sett over. Nye lager, stempelringer, slipt ventiler. Det var mye rart som var gjort. Det ene stempelet sto faktisk montert feil vei! :)

Bortsett fra grenrøret som selvsagt ikke passet bertonen så er oppsettet likt som når den kom fra sverige. Det stemmer at det satt dellorto 45 forgassere på den til å begynne med. Som en del av feilsøkingen gikk vi opp til Weber 48 forgasssere. Vi fikk et par hester til, men ingen forandring på problemet i mellomregisteret.

Det vi lurer mest på er vel kammene. Vet du noe om disse 320C kammene? Jeg kan ikke finne noe info om de noe sted. Når motoren ble åpnet så sto innsugskammen montert før merket, men etter å ha kontaktet Moberg så fortalte han at han hadde satt innsugskammen et stykke etter merket. Det fungerer noe bedre, men fortsatt er motoren veldig lite kjørbar.

Vi er på jakt etter noen mildere trimkammer til ts som har mer moment og kjørbarhet. Du vet ikke om noen har noe liggende? Kan i så fall godt bytte med de vi har.

Mvh
Ola
:D
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

Norwegian :shock: ? you could have fooled me into believing it was Russian... :lol:

Good luck with the engine! Just look out that Mats doesn't talk you into turbocharging it. :twisted:
Drive it like you stole it...
Micke
Verde
Verde

Post by Micke »

Now that's silly of you. You should easily understand quite a lot of Norwegian if you try hard. Russian we cannot even understand the letters.

With a lot of effort I can understand enough Dutch to check the 164 register now and then :roll:
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

oops :oops: .. you caught me... :mrgreen:

I can read/understand some of it. :wink:

I speak Dutch :roll: , English, German and a tiny bit of French but i can read all these languages pretty good and if i read the Norwegian text i automaticaly recognize some of the words from other languages.

Russian is like Polish, comes from another universe i guess.... :wink:

And Micke if you need a translation just give a shout. :wink:
Drive it like you stole it...
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Ola, if you already have been in contact with Johan I guess you already know what I can find out. The GTV had a close ratio GrpA box and that worked well with the engine, even though it had a narrow power band.
Those old CB cams are quite strange with lowish lift and insane duration, not like modern cams where you use lower duration (although you need longer duration and more lift on 2-valve heads).
Can't imagine 48's helped the midrange much either. 8)
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!