humpster
Silver
Silver

3.0l conversion Which flywheel? What to do? Any help please.

Post by humpster »

I am in the midle of completing a 3.0L conversion on my gtv6 2.5. I have run into a couple of issues that i hope you guys can help me with.

I have a couple of flywheels and are unsure which one to use. One has a very shallow mating surface (flywheel from a 2.5 Milano i think??) and is much lighter than the other and by the looks will require a spacer of some kind, probably the 4mm spacer that everyone talks about.
The other is from another unknown 116 chassis. Both are very different from each other. This other flywheel I have is much heavier and has about a 13mm deep matting boss that allows the flywheel to be attached to the crank. It appears that there is no need for any spacer. Teeth align perfectly to the location of the starter gear which incidently does not require any spacers to be removed and relocated to the front.
Does anybody know what this heavier flywheel could be off as it appears to just bolt up and work.
If any of you guys have a 3.0l Milano engine out of a car I would very much appreciate if you could measure the overall thickness off the flywheel. Also if possible if you could measure the distance from the inside face of the flywheel to the back face of the block.

Also i am using the front pully from a front a 164 withe the timing teeth ring removed. Do you guys think I am going to run intro any balane issues. And to top it all off I want to lighten the flywheel as it weighs a ton.

It's alot to ask I know but I really need some guidance here :-) Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Re: 3.0l conversion Which flywheel? What to do? Any help please.

Post by kevin »

If youre not stripping the motor then stick with its origional pulley. I use the standard 2.5 flywheel on the 164 motor rebalanced to match 164 . My balance guys can do this for me. Had no issues. Dont know what a 75 motor or flywheel looks like so cant comment.