fedezyl
Verde
Verde

155 V6 cam pulley

Post by fedezyl »

Well, i've had a little incident were an employee from my friends shop dropped the engine from the stand and broke a pulley.
And it's been really hard to source the broken cam pulley, I got hold of the set out of a 164 that has the newer style cam pulley, the one with the rounded tooth belt, my question is, is it a straight swap? i'm changing all pulleys, cams, crank and auxiliary oil pump drive.
I know the crank pulley is a straight swap, but is it for the cam pulleys?

Thanks!
kevin
Verde
Verde

Re: 155 V6 cam pulley

Post by kevin »

Count number of teath on bottom pulley as I once did this with a 155 into 156 . It was one tooth less so as you start the engine turns twice then locks. Took a while to figure out problem.
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Re: 155 V6 cam pulley

Post by fedezyl »

kevin wrote:Count number of teath on bottom pulley as I once did this with a 155 into 156 . It was one tooth less so as you start the engine turns twice then locks. Took a while to figure out problem.
Good to know, these pulleys are out of a 164, same 12v engine but newer style pulleys, also i'm changing all the pulleys, crank, the two from the cams and the auxiliary oil pump one, so it should be ok I guess, I should be able to post some news on monday! getting close to firing it up for the first time! :D