BradGTV
Gold
Gold

gtv6, 3.2 conversion, ecu question...

Post by BradGTV »

i have the oppurtunity to purchase a 3.2 24v complete with wiring loom and ecu from a 2010 GT
what id like to know is...

can the loom and ecu be used in a gtv6? can the ecu operate as nomal by itself? (ie. doesnt need to converse with the BCM?)

cheers, Brad
79 GTV (sr20) 83 GTV (TS) 85 GTV, 76 GT, 84 GTV6, 91 164, 88 75 TS & 89 75 TS
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Re: gtv6, 3.2 conversion, ecu question...

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

There will be an immobilizer-key-code issue... The ecu needs the coded key from the car to start.

But that can be solved by getting the ecu 'unlocked'.

Only other thing that might be a bit fiddly is the electronic throttle, you need to use the pedal from the GT or think of an alternative.

But i guess Kevin can tell you more about this. :wink:
Drive it like you stole it...
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

Try to sell the stock ecu, harness, keys, and loom. It should be worth a good amount of money.

The stock ecu is fantastic, but there will always be some issues unless you have the factory diagnostic tool and have all sensors properly working.

Being in Australia, land of ecus, get yourself a good ecu like autronic, adaptonic or motec.
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

Try to sell the stock ecu, harness, keys, and loom. It should be worth a good amount of money.

The stock ecu is fantastic, but there will always be some issues unless you have the factory diagnostic tool and have all sensors properly working.

Being in Australia, land of ecus, get yourself a good ecu like autronic, adaptonic or motec.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Yes , definitely in the land of ECU s I would not even consider trying to make the original work . Sell it if you can .