Bareass
Silver
Silver

3.2 conversion parts in North America

Post by Bareass »

Does anyone know where to find 3.2L parts in North America, or places that will ship to Canada?

I have a 3.0 24V that is already converted to RWD, but will be opening up the bottom end, and want to look into converting the engine to a 3.2.

Thanks a lot!

Bareass
'84 GTV6 w/3.0
3.0L 24V engine stand!
75evo
Verde
Verde

Re: 3.2 conversion parts in North America

Post by 75evo »

I got mine from Greece. But my "parts man" has sworn off heavy parts :lol: . You can try OKParts or Harry Schulze in NL/GER. I know OKparts has it. Just be prepared to pay. Or just buy a whole engine from autolusso in UK. About UKP2000.

Better option is to replace all bearings in the 24V, blueprint everything and put o rotrex supercharger. 300+ bhp no sweat.
Bareass
Silver
Silver

Post by Bareass »

i was thinking more along the lines of doing both :lol:

i was planning on rebuliding the lower end, with new pistions, sleeves, rings bearings etc. but if i was in there i might as well go a bit bigger, then supercharge it a little later on.

are the parts that expensive to get over here?

boring to 3.5 seams like a lot more work, and a lot of expensive machine time.
'84 GTV6 w/3.0
3.0L 24V engine stand!
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

Crank alone is EU1100. Same for the pistons. It's probably better to just get a GTA engine over here. Only about UKP 2000 from autolusso.co.uk and you can re-use many of the parts. The tensioner setup is better too. The 164 LS style tensioner is NLA and EXPENSIVE.