Maurizio
Verde
Verde

Re: Rebuilt V6 engine oil priming.

Post by Maurizio »

Most -if not all- longtime Alfa owners are up to their necks in all kinds of tools and parts and from what I see in the the two main sites, most -if not all- have access to machine shops. If after all these years owning these shitboxes they ain't got enough tools and stuff to play with, they'd best go buy a Beemer or an Audi; they don't deserve an Alfa! 8)
Jim K.
:oops: :mrgreen:
Banned.. ? ;-) Daily donky.. ==> BMW 325d Image
E36M3 (3.0) Ringtool :twisted: ==> definitely BANNED!

AR 75 TS Ringtool '90, AR Spider 2000 veloce '79
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Maurizio wrote:
Most -if not all- longtime Alfa owners are up to their necks in all kinds of tools and parts and from what I see in the the two main sites, most -if not all- have access to machine shops. If after all these years owning these shitboxes they ain't got enough tools and stuff to play with, they'd best go buy a Beemer or an Audi; they don't deserve an Alfa! 8)
Jim K.
:oops: :mrgreen:
:wall:
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
squadragrunn
Gold
Gold

Post by squadragrunn »

i took out the pinion, put back the m6 nut and used a powerdrill with a socket & extension.....
-charles-
gtv6 3.0 24v, 164qv 24v, maserati biturbo 2.8 evo, mb 500se, zzr1100d
AlanV6
Gold
Gold

Post by AlanV6 »

I did the first prelube when driving gear was assembled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LHHgMmFPUI
slyalfa
Gold
Gold

Post by slyalfa »

The timing belt comes off so easy I drive it there with a socket on a cordless drill.
I also have used a hand pump and pump it up ether where the lite or PSI sender go.
very easy say on a nord not so easy on the v6. And as soon as the hand pump starts to get hard to pump I pop in the sender and hit the key with spark plugs out (it spins very fast with the plugs out.) and I watch the gage and it is normal to get PSI almost instant. Then I crank it for a while with the hope that any dust etc will get flushed out while there is very little load. Then put in the plugs get the car ready to go tires etc.
fire it up let it warm and look for leaks and go set the rings right away after it is warm and no leaks.
I have primed every motor I have ever had apart.

I have thought about using a electric pump but never have bothered to make something up. if you have a charged accu-sump that can work well too.
1987 black Milano Verde
1972 White spider 2000 Veloce