Max_Joy
Silver
Silver

AIR PLENUM POP - NEW ALFA OWNER

Post by Max_Joy »

Hello GTV6 Folks. I have read several posts on this subject so please forgive the repetitive nature of my question. I have followed the info stated in those posts and am still having difficulty. I purchased a 1983 GTV6 with an estimated 200k miles (odo no longer working after 150K). When I was given a test drive with the seller it was only running on 5 cylinders. He told me it was likely spark plugs. I bought spark plugs (best ones recommended for this car) and when we tried to restart the vehicle the plenum popped. I purchased the car anyway since I ultimately plan on a rebuild. I read posts and bought new rubber rings (top racing quality) to reattach the plenum and it popped again. I did not press the throttle during the process. I contacted a mechanic to stop by to fix but I"m concerned he'll be just as confused as I am since its an old italian idiosyncratic vehicle. Additionally, is there a specific process of attaching the rubber connectors... my attempt was successful but brutal on my fingers. Any advice is greatly appreciated... I can't wait to get this baby on the road !! Thank you. -- Instagram: @united_science_and_soul ..... website: http://www.united-science-and-soul.com
Attachments
IMG_5067.jpg
IMG_5067.jpg (208.59 KiB) Viewed 4640 times
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Re: AIR PLENUM POP - NEW ALFA OWNER

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

Check your ignition timing and firing order..
Drive it like you stole it...
Max_Joy
Silver
Silver

Post by Max_Joy »

Giuliettaevo2 wrote:Check your ignition timing and firing order..
Thanks for the feedback... I'll try that and let you know how it goes.
MR2 Zig
Verde
Verde

Post by MR2 Zig »

also check your injector seals....could be an air leak.
MR1 Zig (I made rate!)
Machinery Repairman USNR