Barry
Verde
Verde

24V THROTTLE BODIES-BARRY

Post by Barry »

Hello guys,welcome to the all new look forum-thanks Mike.

I have more pics on the t/b design but have no idea as to posting them here.Oh well..

Barry
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Posting Pics

Post by junglejustice »

Barry,
Post a reply to your own message (or to this one...) and then at the right above where I am typing - click on IMG for image and then walk though it...[/url]
...to Alfa, or not to Alfa? That is the question...
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Hi Barry,
If you can't post pics here, make SURE I get them at home PLEASE!
regards,
Jim K.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Kalimera Mr JK,

I have a cd ready to post to you.Will chat shortly.
In the mean time the 12v intakes are finished.
They are montsrous!!

BarryAND NOW I CANT POST BLOODY PICS!no goodie to add attachment!!I give up..
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
P.Webb
Gold
Gold

Post by P.Webb »

Barry,

I was looking at your bufferfly setup. Are you using a speed/density programmable setup and how are you getting an accurate MAP reading? Or is this an Alpha/N system?

Can you show a picture of how you're mounting and operating the TPS.

-Peter
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Peter,
I have not got that far yet-I want to try a vac. signal from every cyl. into an accumelator for map.I have done so succesfully years back.I will also try throttle pos.input.We can calibrate the Gotec for zero to full loads with the existing f.s.d. of the t.p.s.

Will let you know asap.(ENGINE IS IN A TEST CAR AND AM BUSY SETTING UP-sorry,damn caplocks)

Looking at using Haltech tps units -has to have a through hole -can you reccomend anything??

Barry

Why can I not post pics here??Anybody??
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Erm... Barry,

Post by junglejustice »

Surely, you must mean that Dawie is busy installing my throttlebodies on my engine and then installing it in his GTV6 test car...? :D

Can't wait...

They look so nice side-by-side! Like they just belong together....
P.Webb
Gold
Gold

Post by P.Webb »

Barry wrote:Peter,
I have not got that far yet-I want to try a vac. signal from every cyl. into an accumelator for map.I have done so succesfully years back.I will also try throttle pos.input.We can calibrate the Gotec for zero to full loads with the existing f.s.d. of the t.p.s.

Will let you know asap.(ENGINE IS IN A TEST CAR AND AM BUSY SETTING UP-sorry,damn caplocks)

Looking at using Haltech tps units -has to have a through hole -can you reccomend anything??

Barry

Why can I not post pics here??Anybody??
Barry,

I'm using a plain 'ol Bosch potentiometer type TPS even though I run speed/density. Is your's going to be S/D or A/N? If S/D, the TPS only matters for acceleration events. If your EMS supports it, you can trigger AE from MAP changes, TPS changes or a hybrid of both. I have a friend that does EMS calibration for Ford he says they're getting best results with the hybrid.

When the MS-II comes out (I already have the code), I'm going to code in the hybrid AE.

Two reasons I haven't done it on the current system is 1) with the MS-II not far off, it seems a waste to develop for the old system and 2) I suck at assembly code, I'm a 'C' programmer for a living and that's what the new embedded code is written in.

I have a copy of the fuel and spark code if you're interested in seeing it. Might give you some ideas.

-Peter
Michael
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Michael »

I think I found the problem. Permissions to upload files from this Forum was not set - you should see the upload box now.
Michael
1981 GTV6
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Hi Barry, you already speak enough Greek to get in trouble, I see!
If you're looking for a Rotary Position Sensor (the formal name for a Throttle Pot) WITH a through D shaped hole, check out RS Components (company and site) and the part number is 319-310, with a retail price of 17.30UKP. Its the exact item some EFI makers use in their systems. RS has offices in many countries and usually a 2-3 day delivery.
I hope this helps.
Jim K.

PS: C'mon Santa, do your stuff!
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Ok guys,we need to clarify a few things here-First of all,This throttle body thing was the brainchild of Dawie de Villiers.Period!
As a friend and part of the racing team I gave a little input to certain aspects of this project.I was asked to market these items to the very small Alfa Romeo fraternaty.Not knowing that good old John van Rensburg in the us was doing the same with Dawie.

John,to make you feel better,Its YOUR engine in the test car with YOUR throttle bodies fitted and the setting up of YOUR Gotec mangement system.i Im sure your engine is going to be a killer!!

I hope this is the end of this bullshit and we can return to being normal(is there such a thing??)Alfa enthusiasts.

Barry
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

:lol: Jim,Thanks-the t.p.s is all for these throttle bodies of John`s in the U.S.I will contact R.S and see what they have.And thanks for the linkage ideas for John`s throttle bodies as well.

I hope I have not offended you,we have a radio station here with a Greek presenter and he says it means good morning!!Please inform me to the real meaning if you would. Heck,now im concerned!!

Barry
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

:lol: Mike,thanks-its working fine.Replied to you and Jim.

:? Peter,Im still trying to digest all your info here.Im am the total ignoramus when it comes to code and computor programming.Your miles ahead there.The one thing that worries me on Johns engine is the rate of opening and the rate of air ingestion with his throttle bodies.These are rather large and Im not sure if the load range can be successfuly sorted out.Only way is for Dawie to run the motor and see if we can set it up.It will show up very quickly.The vac port idea is also good.

John,btw,the 3x 164 t/bodies that you mailed to Dawie is Peter`s desogn and work.P,How did you get along with your idea??

Barry
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Right Barry, to normal people it simply means 'good morning'. However, if you happen to be a member of an AR car club, the dictionary also gives another meaning: "where the f#*!!k are my Christmas presents???!!", hahahah!!! I swear, its true!
Jim K. (in early Xmas spirits!)
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Barry Man!

Post by junglejustice »

Hey Barry, sorry man! This was not a territory-thing for me - I was just trying to clarify a few things to avoid unplesantries down the line - LOOKS LIKE I COMPLETELY MISSED THE BOAT!!! I DID want you to set the record straight on the test car that “you” were setting up…

Any way, you bled my thread under "performance" to death, so I had to post a clarification there... I'll just post a copy here on YOUR thread, just to clarify for good and make this all go away for us and for everybody else here...

- More irate about looking stupid than anything else....

Dawie DID ask me to represent him and his various products here on the different Alfa forums and this was part of the issue with Andrew before over on the bb... (When Andrew poked at me on the BB about "just posting Dawie's contact info and letting people deal direct with Dawie, I saw this coming...)

Truth is; Dawie wants to stay focused on building engines etc. He gets interrupted a great deal, so he wants me to handle marketing for him on the various forums... He doesn't do email (even though he has one) and he just wants me to spread info.

Sorry to air this here, but better now than some bigger embarrassment in the future when this becomes more involved...

I maintain that I am NOT making a business out of this - not enough time and not enough cars/customers in this segment. (I own a damn hair salon, remember...? And no, I am not one of "those" and no, I don't cut hair and OK stop already with the jokes about hair under the chair....

As far as prices and you all "now paying USD..." - The prices are the prices; they ARE Dawie's prices!!! Dawie prices requests and I RELAY the prices!!!

I am merely helping Dawie out because he REALLY is a super nice guy and he has done much for Jes and me on our motors. I have done so much research on it, I have pictures, I am IN the States and as Vice President now of the Northwest Alfa Club I am real involved with the upcoming convention etc etc. Dawie just feels comfortable with it that way....

By all means discuss the technical aspect of it! You and Peter Webb are certainly WAY ahead of the game (on me at least...) Just for the others though, on inquiries for Dawie's developments including motors, intakes, ITBs, suspensions, brakes etc, my number is 425.941.4747 or email me at john@reginaceleste.com with any further questions...

Sorry Barry, no hard feelings boet! We'll have a Castle and plenty Klipdrift and Coke together at New Year's - I'll be there.

Cheers, JvR