tImBoWe
Gold
Gold

87 Lives again.

Post by tImBoWe »

Finally I've got my motor sorted and running sweet as a nut! New cams new piston and sleeves. New bearings (mains, big ends, small ends) Total seals rings. 2 nd hand headers and all new exhaust system. Really stoked to have it back running again. Seems very strong in the low end.
Only put a 150 km's on her so far. Looking forward to a nice long trip into the hills this weekend. Yee Haaa.
Attachments
GTV6 engine.JPG
GTV6 engine.JPG (201.32 KiB) Viewed 7054 times
fortom
Gold
Gold

Post by fortom »

Hey Tim she looks wicked!!! i have also thought about doing the rocker covers and plenum red.Looking at your car has about convincd me.You need to cruise up to Auckland to run her in.
Tom
:wink:
fortom
Gold
Gold

Post by fortom »

What difference does that airfilter make?
tImBoWe
Gold
Gold

Air filter

Post by tImBoWe »

The air intake is a Greg Gordon kit and makes a noticeable difference. See some guys here have made up still air box set ups for their air intakes. I reckon I might do the same.
But yeah she crankin' Dunno bout Auckland though.. Plenty of good windy roads down here for me. Plus the cost of crossing the worlds most expensive piece of water does not turn me on either.

Cheerz Tim.
Attachments
Rear gtv6.JPG
Rear gtv6.JPG (209.57 KiB) Viewed 7022 times
tImBoWe
Gold
Gold

Red Motor

Post by tImBoWe »

Heres another shot from the other side. :twisted:
Attachments
Red 2.5.JPG
Red 2.5.JPG (196.05 KiB) Viewed 7019 times
Alfa GTV6 NZ
Gold
Gold

Post by Alfa GTV6 NZ »

Very nice,

Will have to have a nosey some time. :wink:

Karl
1987 GTV6 - Livin in New Zealand.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Strange, no "6C" on the plenum. I thought that was on all the plenums on the GTV/75/90 V6ers?
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
ALFA GTV6 GP
Platinum
Platinum

Post by ALFA GTV6 GP »

Timbowe Great car nice looking engine bay!
Was this GTV6 orignally a four?

Mats GTV6's 81 to 85 did not have the "6C" and 90's did'nt either.

John.
Alfa 75 3.0 qv potenziata (Black)
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Silver)
Alfa GTV6 GP 3.0 (Red)
Alfa GTV6 GP (Concourse)
Alfa GTV6 SA 3.3 AHMotorsport (Grey) 226.3 Bhp atw
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Dark Grey) 200+ Bhp atw
matt
Platinum
Platinum

Post by matt »

Nice work Timbowe! Great looking GTV and engine bay, all that hard work has paid off, how are you going to run the engine in, any different with total seal rings? That custom overflow bottle looks tidy too.
tImBoWe
Gold
Gold

Post by tImBoWe »

The engine is a lot lively than it used to be. Wheather that is due to the to the total seals, or a good old freshen up of the whole engine, is hard to determine.
It has had a couple of mild hidings in its young life of 200 km's so far. Plenty of gear changes through the local winding hilly roads. The needle has seen the broken orange lines a couple of times, just to let all the moving bits know that I intend taking them there again.
Only one small prob: The steering damper is knocking against the header. Any one run a car with out the damper? Looks like the damper will not last too much longer with the heat pouring on to it anyway.
Ended up doing a whole new exhaust system for it, which I am very happy with after 200 clicks of fumes through it. Just a little too loud at the start, but now has mellowed to a nice rumble at lower revs asending to a sharpish bark when the pedal gets the boot.
So it should get even better with a few more miles under it belt. Also started looking into the Mega Squirt. Looks like an interesting concept. I'm allways up for learning about this sort of thing, and a little extra power is a bonus as well.

Cheerz for the feedback.

Tim.