ar4me
Verde
Verde

Post by ar4me »

I'll be happy to try an ignition map for pump gas for a 3 liter 12 valve - appreciate it! I suppose I can get a decent fuel map quickly with my Innovate hooked up.

Yeah, I know. The secret plan is to blow it up, so that there is an excuse to modify :twisted: Seriously, I would run low boost until it gives...

Jes
87 Milano Verde - daily driver - Juliet
87 Milano 3.0 Motronic - budget race car - Roxanne
87 Milano 3.7 24v - race car
(Repeat or do as I say at your own risk - be critical)
Andrew.b
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Andrew.b »

Jes.

I'll mail you one tomorrow, laptop is in garage with flat batt.

are you getting one of greg gordons chargers??

I think that would work well on a 3.0 engine 12v or 3.0/3.2 24v.

Just dont stick one on a track preped 3.45 or your 3.7. Too much stress for the main bearing caps - (in my opinion) they walk around enough without boost, and the big bore weakens the block a touch more! turbo yes, as the boost is higher up at high revs. Charger, mmmm 1 bar of boost at 1800 rpm is asking for death!

No transaxle/prop would last long either!

Have fun!
Andrew b
ar4me
Verde
Verde

Post by ar4me »

Great, thanks!

Yeah, the 3.7 will remain as is ( = great :D)

It is the 3.0 that may get a supercharger.

I'll PM you my email address.

Jes
4SFED4
Gold
Gold

Re: Private Invitation;

Post by 4SFED4 »

junglejustice wrote: I thought that you and I agreed a long-long time ago to just ignore each-other's posts!
I think that is someone else you got all upset over! Lord knows you have your share. :shock:
junglejustice wrote: Cow-tipping in Ohio lost its appeal, or what?
Insult me all you want (just in case you cannot tell... I like it dumbass! You are so easy to play!!!!)... why now insult everyone in Ohio? Your real name isn't Homer is it! DOH! :lol:
junglejustice wrote: I am simply stating the experiences of others...?
Yes, we ALL have noticed how you get info from others and pretend your are an expert and know what you are talking about!

After his last post, the post I am responding to now...little jj sent me an email and attached a pitcure of some little rat-faced kid asking me if I HAD one of these (like it was some other material object) and said he did not want to be publicly treated like this anymore. :cry:

Poor fella. Here are some excerpts that little jj has non-publicly passed around on other occasions he does not get his way.

Remember when he was just doing it for the community and didn't want to make any money... (clears throat) bullshit!

My favorit part is where he claims someone else acts like an authority! Ha! You are priceless jj! There should be a reality show based on you!
junglejustice wrote: "Keep taking cheap shots, keep making low-blows, keep being a dick and keep poking at me...

I invite you to do so.

Why don't you just stop fucking around and pay Dawie for what his work is worth, or get the shitty work from your buddy Barry; He'll discount the motor all to hell. Nothing that I bring back will make its way into your motor. I'll see to it. Your 3.7 just went up 40% in price!

There are a number of people on the forums who have expressed support across numerous PM messages in private emails to me...

I can tell you from personal experience as well as from the consensus derived from the inner circle among the more realistic long-standing members; you came on here much like you accuse me off; you make really aggressive posts. You piss people off, jump around and act like the authority on everything, just because you bought Julian's car and the Roush car and now you are just da MAN!

For the moment you get away with it because of your little bullshit editorial writer status. The reality is that it is people like you that will drive the REAL enthusiast away. What we will be left with will be the alfa-Andrew-Barry-Mats-JimGreekgtv6.com forum. It’s not fun to come on here and watch the 4 of you spin and we all have to just sit on the side-line and shut up and listen....

It’s even less fun when one of the rest of us steps out onto the curb and you're ready with your bad English humour... Did you get beaten up in school? Were you the kid in the front of the classroom who got your glasses knocked off? Did they take your lunch money and now you have to come on here and act all tough behind the key-board?

Fuck off man. Seriously. If you don’t have anything nice or positive or supportive to say, don’t respond. Shut up! Ignore my posts. Simple."
Oh... almost forgot.... tag your it!
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Jes, I should point out that Steve Rosser has Megasquirt maps for both my Stage 2m and Stage 3m injectors on mild 3.0. Those maps may give some idea on where to start with the GoTech system.

Andrew, one bar of boost on a 3.7 would be just insane, probably about 600 engine, driveline and tire destroying horsepower. I seriouly doubt the car would last one full throttle pass down a quarter mile.
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Jes,

Do you wanna go with GG's S/C or something custom? I was thinking of Rotrex. I think Jano of Autodelta uses Rotrex. Andrew, since you are in Jolly ole England, what do you think of Rotrex?

I like their compact design, but GG's kit is really tough to beat in terms of price and support. And it's plug and play too! The Rotrex will produce less torque at lower end, which should be just fine since I don't want to pop a wheelie by flooring the car. We should start another thread on this.
Dr. Alban
Andrew.b
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Andrew.b »

Yeah Z lets start a new thread
Andrew b
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Jes,

Just go with 27 degrees max advance. The rest do it on a dyno.

Here's a very simple way to get good fuel map.
With your current map,
1-Make sure datalogging is on
2-make 2-3 runs in WOT 5th gear from 2000 rpm to redline
3-Collect data and put it on excel
4-Get average for each rpm vs. A/F.
5-Now for each cell in Excel, also put in the corresponding fuel value.

In the cell which does not have the A/F you think is correct for WOT just setup an equation and solve for the unknown. From what Beninca told me the A/F and fuel value has roughly a linear relationship (ok maybe only true for autronic....but you can always try),

For example:

I think if you setup the equation it should be like:

Actual A/F * Actual fuel Value = Target A/F * Target Fuel value

if ( Actual A/F != Actual fuel Value ) then you need to adjust your actual fuel value. The correction factor is (Actual A/F) / (Target A/F) .

So the new equation would be:

(Actual A/F) / (Target A/F) * Actual Fuel Value = Target Fuel value (solve for Target Fuel value )
Andrew.b
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Andrew.b »

Z,

That might be easy with Autronic, but Gotech uses a different kind of cell display, wich is kinda hard to export into excel.

but you can use the internal d/logging to record afr and rpm, and also show what load point the afr needs adjusting 1-32! Its kinda simple, but gives a good picture of where it needs adjusting.
Andrew b
ar4me
Verde
Verde

Post by ar4me »

I just read in a magazine that Autodelta UK uses a Rotrex on their 3.2 GT Super - so yes, they use Rotrex. BTW, Rotrex is Danish, so am I, whatever that means... :roll: Visiting Denmark this August. If they are in the vicinity of Copenhagen, maybe I should stop by.

Andrew, any chance you know which model Autodelta uses?

Well, I already have a decent map, but if Andrew has a top notch tuned ignition map for GoTech suitable for my engine it is definitely worth playing with. If for nothing else, for the experience.

Thanks for the suggestions.

BTW, the SC is too early in the process... who knows what will happen...

Jes
enzo
Platinum
Platinum

Post by enzo »

is that a Success Stories thread?! :roll:
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

ar4me wrote:I just read in a magazine that Autodelta UK uses a Rotrex on their 3.2 GT Super - so yes, they use Rotrex. BTW, Rotrex is Danish, so am I, whatever that means... :roll: Visiting Denmark this August. If they are in the vicinity of Copenhagen, maybe I should stop by.

Jes
Dude, get a Lysholm! Swedish and all. :lol:
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Picture of my little rat-faced kid;

Post by junglejustice »

Brian wrote:
After his last post, the post I am responding to now...little jj sent me an email and attached a pitcure of some little rat-faced kid asking me if I HAD one of these (like it was some other material object) and said he did not want to be publicly treated like this anymore. :cry:
- I thought to take this disgusting post out of the gutter and elevate it up to another playing field... I have started a new thread and posted a picture under "Other" of my "little rat faced kid" (as Brian B. so eloquently put it...)

I would encourage others here to visit the thread and feel free to post pictures of what is important to you - besides your Alfa...

This will be fun...

http://www.alfagtv6.com/bb/viewtopic.php?p=6515#6515

Now back to the business of sorting GoTechs...
...to Alfa, or not to Alfa? That is the question...
SamW
Platinum
Platinum

Post by SamW »

Andrew.b,

I am installing on a '88 75 3.0, the next step is the '86 GTV6 2.5, but that will be after the 75 is finished, and I have learned a little more.
SamW
Platinum
Platinum

Post by SamW »

OK, I offically belong to this thread, I took my GTed Verde for a spin around the parking lot, THanks for all the help, ended up being a combo of several problems, mostly of my own doing. I will clean up several small issues and have her on the road soon!