cchan
Platinum
Platinum

need Gotech Pro Computer

Post by cchan »

My GTV6 computer looks like it is broken. We do not get a spark coming out of the computer for 2 coil packs. The distributor in Florida said that this unit I have is 15 years old?? Anyway they said that I would have to buy the new one and rewire the Alfa. Sounds tough. Does anyone know were i can get the same Gotech pro computer that I have now? Then I can just plug it in and hopefully my Alfa will start.

Thank you..
kevin
Verde
Verde

Re: need Gotech Pro Computer

Post by kevin »

Yes , powermods.co.za . http://powermods.co.za
They have taken over Gotech but its far more advanced now however they still make the same Gotech pro . All the engineering team are the same its just the distributors . You must call domingos but find out away to save your map or you can send him by freight the box and he will repair it . Don't post it as there is a 3 month postal strike so rather dhl it . Download map incase it gets lost in mail .
Check SA time when you call .
cchan
Platinum
Platinum

Post by cchan »

Thank you Kevin, we will do this asap. I shared my map with the forum but we will save it again.
cchan
Platinum
Platinum

Post by cchan »

After a long delay on finding a new Gotech computer due to the fact that I am so busy with my job, I was able to speak with Domingos. He is such a nice person and has some old ECU that he is giving to me for free. I just need to have DHL pick them up from South Africa and have them shipped to CA. I have never done this before but I am working on this now.

I just wanted to let everyone know how kind powermods company is that purchased Gotech and I hope that when I get the replacement ECU that my GTV6 will run again.
cchan
Platinum
Platinum

Post by cchan »

Hello Alfa GTV6 community,

I just received my 2 Gotech ECU from Domingo (. Did not realize how hard it is to bet parts from S.A.

I just realized that my computer that I used for this project is dead and I don't have the Gotech program. Easy enough though. I just downloaded the Software Manual, and I am going to down load the software as well.

Seems easy enough. I just have one question. I saved my map to this website so I have it. The person who is helping me is not exactly sure how to reload my map to the new ECU.

I am sure that the manual must explain this but I was hoping that someone who has done this before can give me their suggestions as well.

Thank you again for all your help and looking forward to using the GTV 6 again.
cchan
Platinum
Platinum

Post by cchan »

Hi Kevin,

I hope you are well. Domingo said that you paid him a visit in S.A. I appreciate your help and I know that there is not alot of activity on our GTV6 forum.

I have received a free computer to load the software on and I will do this tonight. I just need to find a cable again and/or buy one. I hope that either you or someone can help me with the download of the map.

I am going to study this tonight as well. Erich the mechanic who is assisting me is not familiar with this aspect of the fix. Thanks again and this is just a 2nd request for guidance.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Hi cchan , sorry have not been able to logon due to no wifi where I am staying in SA ,but I told Domingoes yesterday about your email and he said he has loaded the map . He said he would email you or just drop him a call as he always will have time for you . You must be carefull of which connectors you use to laptop so please discuss that with him as well . If you send me PM and I can show you pics of the shielded connectors .
Speaking of Domingoes latest creations I snapped some pics of his latest 155 when I went to fetch my new powermods ecu .
cchan
Platinum
Platinum

Post by cchan »

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the Reply. I was able to source the correct Serial Cable. Female to Female straight though connections. When I installed the new ECU the Alfa Started right up. I was able to download the old map and everything is good to go.

I used the Alfa over the weekend on Redwood Road to go Trap Shooting and the Alfa runs great. I will post some Videos to share. I would love to see pictures of the 155. I know that my Go-Tech MFI-Pro is old now.

Do you automatically update your ECU on your cars or just stay with the one that you originally set it up with. It seemed so much easier to stay with the old ECU rather than rewiring again.

Thanks again AFLA GTV6 Forum.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Hey well done on uploading etc . Did Domingos talk you through it or just figure it out ?
Their is no reason to upgrade for reliability features . I have this same software on five of my old GTV's and never did they give any hassles . However if it does its usually caused by a short on a wire in the engine bay etc ( like a cam cover nipping a coil wire or having a kill switch wired incorrectly) .
I got him to download my map from a Gotech on the new Powermods which has so many features that can keep you occupied all day . It allows you to connect to a Rasberry pi ( seperate screen) with over twenty channels etc you can flck beween screens in car for mapping , rev counter , xyz g's , uploads all the sensors that runs the ecu for display ie water , oil temp , pressure , set parameters to cut engine out if oil pressure drops below certain bars for specific revs blah blah . Yeah lots of fancy systems that cost an arm and leg have this but for this price and what I have its great .
Some people just want it simple with a rev counter and an oil pressure light but others want everything . Just the way it is .
He had a test car at the shop to make sure the map was the same as I took my old ecu back to SA . Atleast I have a spare in case I do some thing stupid :D
Link to 155 he is building .
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4116&start=15
cchan
Platinum
Platinum

Post by cchan »

Hi Kevin,

I figured it out myself. Good to know that I went with the same system. I still have my 1971 Spider waiting to be completed for years. I did not want to invest more time and $ in the GTV6.

It running great and I will post some pictures. I am going to bring it to the track this year with my Alfa Buddies as this is where the car belongs. It fun in the street and the only issue is the suspension is so tight and harsh on certain roads.

Thanks again for everything.