fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Gotech and 164 3 liter engine

Post by fedezyl »

Hi, I have a little problem, I have a 164 3 liter engine from 1989, and I also bought a Gotech standard, the question is, i'm going to use the distributor that came with the engine, and it has a crank pulley sensor, for the ingnition timing i'm guessing, I have some pictures of it, can I use the Gotech standard with it? or I need the pro unit?
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Post by junglejustice »

You can use the GoTech Standard just fine.... You can also add coil-packs relatively easy since you already have te crank-angle sensor...
...to Alfa, or not to Alfa? That is the question...
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

Great! thanks John! By the way, I received the gotech ECU on friday, i'm very very pleased, started going through the manual too, but i'll be waiting for a friend of mine who's an electronic engineer for added safety to come back from Chile from a business trip in about 2 or 3 weeks, hehe, anyways, expect lots of questions though, specially on the tuning part, but on the rest, thanks a lot!!
Also I talked to that lady that called you, it's my friend's sister, she knows me, turns out my friend forgot to let her know that you were sending the gotech to her house, and like a month ago someone broke into her workplace and stole the computers with personal information in it, that's why she was a bit paranoid, but no troubles!
Thanks again!