Terry Johnston
Gold
Gold

Advantages of Gotech?

Post by Terry Johnston »

After going through the postings, I was curious what the advantages of Gotech are. Does converting from the stock ECU to Gotech in 2.5 engine give any performance increases or is it just give the base to optimize performance if you go to hotter cams, heads, etc? I have been thinking of putting Gregs turbo system on(after I have car repainted!). My car is pretty much a stock CA 83 GTV6 with 90,000 miles on it. I have had a Alfa Heaven ECU in it for years, Gregs air cleaner and have upgraded the suspension.

Terry Johnston
83 GTV6 (orginal owner)
Terry
SamW
Platinum
Platinum

Post by SamW »

The reasons I like GoTech is that it is a complete system, fuel and ignition. It comes with its own harness, it is not too terribly hard to install (its not easy), you can use the original injectors (I would suggest this on any stock or nearly stock engine), original distributor, all the original sensors (you have to adjust for the engine water temp sensor). You can install with your own relays and do away with the combo relay and maintain the original wiring harness incase you ever want to go back. It does away with the AFM, there are a few extra things you do have to do like a new intake, a mount for the mainfold air pressure vacuum tube (I removed the CSI and made a little adaptor). The programming just to get it running is not hard, perfecting the program requires a professional, but it is fun to play with and adjust, you just have to error on the side of rich.

There should be a performance advantage due to the removal of the AFM and being able to program for performance instead of emissions.