Alfa Romeo ONLY please!
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

I just checked. Its not on this GTV. This must be it, I will let you know once I find a bump stop to put in. Thanks
GregoryV
Platinum
Platinum

Post by GregoryV »

I would second on the bump stop - the GTV should have one - I had the very same symptom a few years back and it was the little rubber bump stop (had fallen out) ... mounts to the body in the tunnel. At the time could not get one for a gtv, so got one from a Milano (75) and made it fit. gv
20-Years-3-Motors-Later
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Thanks. problem solved. Took some pics of a race Giulietta with a 3.4 motor this morning when I went to collect the bump stop. I will get some more of it on the track when we do battle this weekend now that i have my close ratio LS box in.
Check it out
Attachments
domgiuliettaeng.jpg
domgiuliettaeng.jpg (101.56 KiB) Viewed 7027 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Front mount gearbox.
Attachments
domgiuliettaint.jpg
domgiuliettaint.jpg (94.08 KiB) Viewed 7025 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Expensive disaster. I drove seventy km to the track at six this morning and a dam waterpipe broke on the the back of the 24v motor 3km from the track. The temp guage showed all was well as it takes temp from front and there was no drop in oil pressure. Suddenly lost power , but thought it was electrical so I drove slowly to track until I saw problem. Checked compression and there was nothing on three and six.
I need to fit more guages on this car other than the standard ones so when something like this happens you will become aware .
My question is what guages should you have in the trace car and where on the block, head etc should they be attached. Would appreciate input from you guys.
Anyway spent the rest of the day at the track taking pictures and watching some close racing.
There was a good battle from two totally different cars one being the 3.4 24v Gliulietta (Domingoes) and the other a highly modified 2.0l 8v ultra lightweight Giulietta(Rost). Both these cars lap faster than 911 RS porkers to bring into perspective how fast they are. Some pics to follow.
Attachments
giuvsgiu.jpg
giuvsgiu.jpg (93.68 KiB) Viewed 6927 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

The white 8v Giulietta has no anti roll bars back or front. You can see from pics that it had double front calipers but now it is replaced by one big single one. The barrel throttle bodies were made by the owner which he has got to work perfecly.
Attachments
rosteng.jpg
rosteng.jpg (116.24 KiB) Viewed 6925 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Not much of this car left. All panels are fiberglass and there are no glass windows.
Attachments
rostbrake.jpg
rostbrake.jpg (109.32 KiB) Viewed 6923 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Pic of manifolds.
Attachments
rostbrake&eng.jpg
rostbrake&eng.jpg (98.33 KiB) Viewed 6922 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Konrads GTV3.0l in standard trim in his first race. No coil overs, big brakes, high cams etc. Just new bushes all round and with a solid carb engine and dsc2500 brake pads . He did well with no problems. Must just put his origional 3.0l front spoiler on.
Attachments
konradsGTV3.0.jpg
konradsGTV3.0.jpg (75.42 KiB) Viewed 6917 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Domingoes with brother Paul and the data logger on the boot. looking for extra advantage. You can watch the race replay from the in car camera(data log) on laptop with speeds and g's pulled through corners to see which lap you were faster or slower and the same time watching your lines.
This is what i need but it will cost more than my entire set up so I will skip this one . Must fix car first.
Attachments
Dom&Paul.jpg
Dom&Paul.jpg (121.98 KiB) Viewed 6914 times
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Kevin,

No doubt about you SA boys, you are pushing the boundaries all the time. Some great stuff there to inspire us all.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
ar4me
Verde
Verde

Post by ar4me »

Kevin,
Sorry to hear about your misfortunes.

On my budget Milano race car, I made an effort to preserve the oil level sender and coolant level sender functionality. Most would probably dump them in a heartbeat, but I like the extra level of warning it provides should something basic fail.

Beside stock gauges I also have gauges for:
- engine oil temp
- tranny oil temp
- fuel pressure
Jes
87 Milano Verde - daily driver - Juliet
87 Milano 3.0 Motronic - budget race car - Roxanne
87 Milano 3.7 24v - race car
(Repeat or do as I say at your own risk - be critical)
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Thanks Jes. Not sure about the English but what is 'Tranny' oil temp. Where did your water level and oil level sender unit go. Some one suggested I should put in a water pressure guage like you get on planes that have radiators. All input welcome.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Speaking of planes, check this wing out. This car has one piece carbon fibre prop to box in back. Every thing is so light in this set up that you could not repeat this with the V six motor. Note this car has at least five seasons under its belt with no failures. There are some pics of the engine build with skimmed block which will put up much later.
Attachments
Rostwing.jpg
Rostwing.jpg (86.24 KiB) Viewed 6882 times
ar4me
Verde
Verde

Post by ar4me »

Sorry, tranny=transmission. Coolant level sender goes in overflow bottle (stock 75 thing, 164 probably the same). The oil level sender is similar location as 24v engine, check out any 164 12v, 75 12v, or 164 24v. I assume newer 24v engines also have them. It sits on left-hand side, not far from where the dip stick goes "in". So, low down, left-hand side, somewhat towards the front. Not far from stock 12v (GTV6, 75) alternator location.
Jes
87 Milano Verde - daily driver - Juliet
87 Milano 3.0 Motronic - budget race car - Roxanne
87 Milano 3.7 24v - race car
(Repeat or do as I say at your own risk - be critical)