Alfa Romeo ONLY please!
tomp
Gold
Gold

Post by tomp »

The milano has a little mechanism like that too. But the pedal pressure is just too much for it to make much difference. Ill should have a new slave finished in 2-3 weekends. Better design 2ncd time around anyway.
Reale
Gold
Gold

Clutch slave

Post by Reale »

Can you please share your experience about the concentric slave? I think this is one of the more elegant ways to release the clutch!
Which model did you use? How did you plumb it?
Al Mitchell
Reale Motorsports
#82 E Production
Alfa Romeo GTV6
tomp
Gold
Gold

Post by tomp »

Well the concentric slave I built is a pusher type. The stock clutch needs a pull type slave. Your right though, a concentric slave would solve once and for all the funky pedal issues. It would be tricky to design something that would use the stock throwout bearing and still be easy to assemble/disassemble but I have a few ideas for that. Wouldnt be too cheap though.

If you want to see pix of the current pusher slave and clutch I posted some on alfabb.com under lightweight clutch.
-Tom P.
Reale
Gold
Gold

Clutch

Post by Reale »

I currently use a Tilton 3 disk clutch, actuated with the Alfetta slave cylinder arrangement. Works great, but the coaxial arrangement is better.
Al Mitchell
Reale Motorsports
#82 E Production
Alfa Romeo GTV6
kterkkila
Gold
Gold

Post by kterkkila »

This is old post, but maybe tt's time to share some experiments. Here's some pics from 2006, when the clutch was finished.
On 2007 we drove around 15 hours full speed racing with this single disc setup. On winter I opened it and wound that the plate was worn only about 0.1 mm, so decided to put it back as it is and keep going. Now we have 4 hours more on the clutch and it's works great.

The clutch is difficult on start because it bites quite aggressively, but I can live it on race tracks, but won't recommend it to anybody for street use.
Kimmo / alfatune.fi
kterkkila
Gold
Gold

Post by kterkkila »

This is old post, but maybe tt's time to share some experiments. Here's some pics from 2006, when the clutch was finished.
On 2007 we drove around 15 hours full speed racing with this single disc setup. On winter I opened it and wound that the plate was worn only about 0.1 mm, so decided to put it back as it is and keep going. Now we have 4 hours more on the clutch and it's works great.

The clutch is difficult on start because it bites quite aggressively, but I can live it on race tracks, but won't recommend it to anybody for street use.
Kimmo / alfatune.fi