Alfa Romeo ONLY please!
Maurizio
Verde
Verde

Post by Maurizio »

No place to bring a wife, she'll get bored in zero time!
It all comes down to proper raising :lol: My girlfreind is pissed that the car is not ready, see likes the environment and the G forces. Only two bucket seats allowed in my car :mrgreen:
Banned.. ? ;-) Daily donky.. ==> BMW 325d Image
E36M3 (3.0) Ringtool :twisted: ==> definitely BANNED!

AR 75 TS Ringtool '90, AR Spider 2000 veloce '79
Micke
Verde
Verde

Post by Micke »

Hey! U don't even want to hear my wife's opinion about the ring.
4 days in rain, mud and 0 degrees at the 24 hour race.
Cost me the trip when Jim was there!
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

FARK! We haven't even seen 20 degrees yet and it's June! :(
Couldn't move to South Africa though, the trip to work would kill me. ;) And no Swedish babes either, how could I live there?
And no rain training? Forget that, only golfers come from the RSA. :P
Jim: you pay for my ticket and I'll come down to SA with you, twist his arm a bit and he'll be glad to go to the ring... :D
Bitburg beer or maybe Moselwein. Ouzo, isn't that what you clean brake cylinders in? :D

BTW Z, The missus will have plenty to see and do down in the Mosel area (if she likes white wine that is, or small German towns where everybody makes whine).
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
MD
Verde
Verde

Racing Forum

Post by MD »

Hi Michael,

So how about an Alfa Transaxle Racing Chapter to this forum?

Index headings in alphabetical order could be:-

Engines
Cooling Systems
Engine Management Systems
Induction
Engine Head
Exhaust Systems
Gearbox
Differential
Driveshaft
Gearchange
Suspension
Chassis
Bodywork
Roll Cage
Seating
Instrumentation
Electrical
Fuels
Tyres
Braking Systems
Lighting
Hard Data Bank
Racing Tips
Best Circuits
Racing Links
Dyno Results
Stuff your mother should have told you.

I guess you don't need a "performance" heading as the above is ALL about performance.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Mats,S.A. babes are the best in the world-But I must confess,Sweden is up there with the best....and Aussies and.......oooh,Im going to cry.....

Jim,Im working on a project and when this takes off,Ill definatly see you guys at the ring....and Monaco.and the French riviera and...It would be nice.

MD,Good idea.great idea in fact.

What was this thread all about again??
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Pops Mr Kartalamakis???POPS??

**Hey,We have a great bunch of blokes on this forum-idiots every last one of us,but great**
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

A project Barry? It probably has to do with Bank vaults, blowtorches and the fastest getaway wheelchair in SA,hahah :lol:
The Riviera huh? Yeah, they all think that, till they room up with 6'9" Bubba...3 gold teeth left 320lbs and, well :shock: ...enough to make you think twice about the 'project' Barry!!
Jim K.

You right, we iiiis nuts! :lol:
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Barry wrote:Im working on a project and when this takes off,Ill definatly see you guys at the ring....and Monaco.and the French riviera and...It would be nice.
Yeah, if you pay my ticket you will... :D

French Riviera, pfff, I'd choose SS12 any day over those glam/glitter/champagne places.
(FYI, SS12 is a seriously twisty road and the part between Bagni di Lucca and Maranello is pure magic... I have actually seen 16 000 meters altitude on a GPS there, think it was a bit off though :roll: )
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Maurizio
Verde
Verde

Post by Maurizio »

While at it, plan the trip around October 2006 and visit the 100th anniversary Targa Florio on Sicily.

MD
Verde
Verde

Site feedback

Post by MD »

Baz
Thanks for supporting the Racing Chapter idea . Just tell your mate from the Greek olive groves not to mention the word "nuts" This programme is rated G :D
Gotta saw the legs off Jim every now and then cause he's just having way too much fun on his own out there.
Yes I do agree you're all twisted and use left handed hammers and screw drivers. Be a real blast if we all could get together one day.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Dennis
Gold
Gold

Post by Dennis »

Good idea about the chapters MD!

You're all nutters afaik. Good to be in such good company!
'81 GTV6 3.0 QV
'91 75 TS (track)
'02 BMW 330i Touring
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Yeah, a get-together, thats a good idea...then Mats can show us where on God's green (not greek!) earth he saw a 16000m (thats 10miles!) elevation!(Mt Everest is ~8800m). :twisted: The GPS must be another AR special product!Why don't you all visit the greek islands for a week, bring lots of eye drops with you and see how long you get to talk cars with all the tanned air-bags bumping into you from all sides! :lol:
Now thats an Alfa get-together!
Jim K.

Hey Barry, Brazil babes rule!!
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Hah, I saved it as a waypoint in my GPS... :)
It was along SS12 so I guess that means that Abetone is the highest point on earth? Surely the GPS won't lie even if it only has a signal from1½ satelites. :D
The 164 3.0 24v ran suprisingly well at that altitude too, kudos to the engineers at Bosch once again. Damn those Germans are smart...

BTW, driving a lowered 164 3.0 24v with "sports exhaust" and 17" wheels is a pretty sure way to get attention in Italy, men, women, old and young they are all amazed.
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Maurizio
Verde
Verde

Post by Maurizio »

@Mats, Try a black, too (exhaust crushing) low 75 v6, with grey leather and SZ rims .
Two years ago, the first night on vacantion in Italy, near Trieste, I suprized someone who was a bit too interested :evil: feeling all doorhandles and circling the car.
The only thing he could bring out, when I suddenly apaered behind him, was that it was a shame the car wasn't red.
We didn't stay long in that area......

OK back track cars :mrgreen:

Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Soooo, that was you then in the 'Corriere della Sera', driving naked in a pink 164 with green dots and a siren! Another Alfa mystery solved! :lol:
Quit screwing up the thread Mats! :twisted:
Ahhh! I love this site, heheh!
Jim K.

I can see this coming: If we ever meet at the Ring, there'll be so much BS flying around Adenau, they'll make Fertilizer Capital of the world! We truly are a good useless bunch!
Sawed-off legs MD? :shock: Man, I gotta keep an eye on ya-you're dangerous (but then again, you drive an Alfa don't you?) :roll: