Alfa Romeo ONLY please!
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

zambon: No, completely different, like Fiat and Alfa.

Jim: different stuff, BMW, Alfa 164 24v Super, Seat Alhambra Tdi (chipped to about a million Nm). Doesn't matter, still get overtaken by a rusty Passat. They must have a Toulene factory there somewhere.. ;)

Barry: what was that? Torsional rigidity of 116 cars compared to newer Alfas? Can't really say as I haven't driven that many new Alfas. 916 GTVs are good though.
The new 159 should be way stiff, that platform is sweet!

mmm, this Chianti Ruffino is quite good. :)
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Micke
Verde
Verde

Post by Micke »

Darn taxis.

My fastest lap on the ring is still with a 1.9 TDI :shock:
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

116 torsional rigidity? I saw that term once. In the Big Book of Jokes.

My sister had a E30 325i (facelifted) and I had a 75 2.5 like about 10 years ago. You jack up the BMW on one corner, all doors are roughly still aligned. Heck, you can open and close the doors properly on the BMW. Try that on the 75.

The 155/164 improved. And it looks like the 156 and 147 are even stiffer.
Last edited by Zamani on Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

JImbo,What is your fastest lap on a ring???sorry,THE ring??(BIG joke bud,Big joke hehe hehe......could not resist this......)
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Yeah,yeah, you go ahead and laugh, at least I've been there 3 times while you and Mats still blabber about going! Mats is too cheap ( :oops: ) or afraid of TD taxis, whats your excuse? Still cheaper?? hahah! :lol:
Seriously,how much is a round-trip ticket to Dusseldorf from where you are (incidentally, what city?), as all the rest including hotel,food,rental cars,track costs etc is 550Euros. Figure it out, can you make it by end of Sept./early Oct.? It would be real nice to meet and insult you in person, hahahahah! And I'm sure likewise for you! :lol:
For what its worth, with a sick 75TS (we got more kph in 4th than 5th) I managed 9'20'' and I still haven't mastered the track (remember all 182 turns). Ok, laugh all you want,someday I'll drive a decent 75 and piiss on TDI VW PISSATs! :twisted:
Jim K.
Maurizio
Verde
Verde

Post by Maurizio »

@Jim, Is that why u did the wet lap on saturday in a passat DIESEL :D
Banned.. ? ;-) Daily donky.. ==> BMW 325d Image
E36M3 (3.0) Ringtool :twisted: ==> definitely BANNED!

AR 75 TS Ringtool '90, AR Spider 2000 veloce '79
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

I wouldn't call that a 'lap', more of a tour as we all wanted to vaguely remember what the Ring looks like, even in the rain, even in a rented PISSAT stationwagon! Micke would probably attempt a quick lap with that thing, but I'm not that brave myself, coming from a mostly dry+sunny country!
You guys have been swimming in the Ring for ages-no contest! :lol:
Jim K.

That and a bent Hertz PISSAT are enough to discourage me! 8)
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Yeah, thats right, keep slamming me... :P

Tax return would probably cover the ring trip in September-ish... :)
Rain? ppfff, I live in friggin' rain-land (which sometimes freeze over...), just call me regen-meister. ;)

Have been outside twice without a jacket this year, great country... :|
At least I don't have to go to work today on account on being our national day today.. [wave flag]

[singing]
Du gamla, Du fria, Du fjällhöga nord
Du tysta, Du glädjerika sköna
Jag hälsar Dig, vänaste land uppå jord,
Din sol, Din himmel, Dina ängder gröna.
[/singing]
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Singin' huh?...From the sound of it, looks like you can't walk a straight line either! :lol:
Ok, you drive when it rains, I'll drive when its dry-we got a deal! 8)
What, there's a chance I'll meet the mighty Viking in Sept.? Hear that Barry? You're the odd man out here! Come on and fork out those precious Krugerrands you been stashing secretly! :twisted:
Jim K.
Maurizio
Verde
Verde

Post by Maurizio »

You guys have been swimming in the Ring for ages-no contest!

I'm no hero in the rain either, the few laps I did in the rain where with my bottom cheeks pressed together!
I even can't tell you my BTG time in the dry, it doesn't matter to me.
I'm just striving after the perfect lap when I get bored in doing that, I'll aim for that goal in the wet :-)
Banned.. ? ;-) Daily donky.. ==> BMW 325d Image
E36M3 (3.0) Ringtool :twisted: ==> definitely BANNED!

AR 75 TS Ringtool '90, AR Spider 2000 veloce '79
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

last time we had rain on the track I qualified really high, then they postponed the race because it was "unsafe"... :(

Just wait 'til I hit the big-leauge...

(as if..)
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Ayrton friggin Senna,the whole bloody bunch of you!!!Except Jim-He knows his limitations...........(Old age,decrepid,arthritis,a bone in his leg...........)Yup,Im definatly not a fan of the wet either...Big time..
Jim,The euro is 9:1 at the moment....way out of this pleb`s league....I cant even pay attention right now.....

Jim,Im an expert on the n/schliefe...In a gtr nogal.....Nothing like ps2 games.

Mats,you got to move to S.A.-I have not worn long s in over a year here.Its mid winter now and the day temps are 22-25 dec C!!!!The evenings fall to about 10deg C.Brrrrr........
I will attend the ring one day,Jim.We will sit in the stands and wave our walking sticks at the youngsters.....
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Ok Pops, I tell you what: You save 1 Rand for every other laxative you buy and you'll have the dough saved up by September! :lol:
Think positive man! You'll make it to the Ring before diaper time! We're all still young at heart, as for the crowbar between...well, still works great (don't need a car jack yet) :lol:
Hey Mats, whaddya say we go drag the southerner to the Ring? The hell with drivin' if it rains we'll get dead drunk on German beer, or I'll bring you each a bottle of "Ouzo"! :roll: That'll do ya both in!
Jim K.
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

I'm was saving for a trip. Unfortunately I bought a 164QV.

But the plan is still there for March/April/May next year. Anyone? I have to pay for 3 people remember, so budget is tighter than the piston to wall clearence.
Dr. Alban
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Hey Z, maybe you should think about the 3 people... there is absolutely nothing to do around the Ring! You're either driving or nothing, period! No stores,malls,roads,hell there's only Dottingen (about 20 homes)and Adenau, a bit bigger (a proper village). No place to bring a wife, she'll get bored in zero time!
Jim K.