Alfa Romeo ONLY please!
zambon
Verde
Verde

Rod ends (heims)

Post by zambon »

I recently got some new rod ends from pitstopusa.com. They are aurora brand, i believe. They are really smooth, but almost loose, it feels a bit like play!
The rod ends that I recently pulled off of my wrecked VW feel much different. They are not so loose, even after years of use on sway bar end links in a salty world. They are smooth and tight.
I feel that if I use the aurora rod ends, i will end up hearing them chatter at some point. What type of rod end do I need to buy next time? (I would like them to feel like the ones on my VW Neuspeed sway bars.
Thanks,
James
Micke
Verde
Verde

Post by Micke »

Check the mounting instructions.

The rod ends I have also feel "loose" until you put the bolt with the right tolerance through. I recall the bolt should be almost 0.1 mm big. This really tightens it up (and makes assembling and disassembling a bitch).
zambon
Verde
Verde

Post by zambon »

Thanks for the reply, Micke.
I have not inserted a bolt yet. I hope that will resolve things.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Micke wrote:Check the mounting instructions.

The rod ends I have also feel "loose" until you put the bolt with the right tolerance through. I recall the bolt should be almost 0.1 mm big. This really tightens it up (and makes assembling and disassembling a bitch).
Surely not...unless its a split ball,Micke??
Ive never come across this before... :?:
Micke
Verde
Verde

Post by Micke »

Guess my surprise too.

When I got them I noticed they don't feel tight like they should. We already thought of sending them back until we noticed the needed fitmanet.

After shrinking the bolt in they are very tight indeed. I never seen this before either. If anyone know more I'm curious.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Yes,very strange...Are they fitted already or can you take a pic?