Alfa Romeo ONLY please!
rz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by rz »

it seems to me that the sandblasters did their job to good.
pic 003 looks like the front fenders are full of dents.
once had the same problem due to the heat of the blasting, i had to throw all the outer parts of the car away. :?
U5tabil
Silver
Silver

Post by U5tabil »

rz wrote:it seems to me that the sandblasters did their job to good.
pic 003 looks like the front fenders are full of dents.
once had the same problem due to the heat of the blasting, i had to throw all the outer parts of the car away. :?
Yes, i am afraid you are seeing right. It is full of dents... But i have manage to hammer most of it out to a nice form, so that i don't need to use that much filler. But now i need to weld some spots that i haven't seen before after that i will hammer some more to get the worst dents go away before i will put on some filler... And i am so angry on that asshole that did that sandblasting job... He said clearly that this wouldn't happen and so on.... I should have said no... But done is done and i can't do nothing more than do the best out of it...
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

yeah...i understand the budget situation...do the best you can with the body prep and paint...you can always change mechanics later...

let us know what type of primer and paint you are planning to use...
rz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by rz »

i hope you will get this right?maybe better to buy new outer panels,you will never get it 100% without being an artist.
bad luck.
when sandblasting they should use real white sand or otherwise NEVER touch outer panels.
it is a pitty for you, succes!!
U5tabil
Silver
Silver

Post by U5tabil »

Well the primer is a 2 component sink barier and the paint i don't know yet.

But some good news. The guy that sandblasted took the responsibility for the errors that has been done and he got a guy to come here and hammer things as they should be and then he is going to put some filler on it and do it as good as possible.

So far he has done a very good job with the hammering of the metal. It now looks more like it should be :D

Me on the other hand is welding and tinning where it needs to be fixed. And fixing rust holes that i haven't seen before, which is a lot but i am soon done with that part. And i am hoping to do a little result thread on U5.no when i am done with this, but i will only have pictures of how it looks like now, not how i was. Either i have forgotten or i haven't bother taking pictures.... sorry :roll:
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

As a corrosion inhibitor, I have used a product for many years and find it absolutely reliable. It is made by Valvoline and its product code is Tectyl 506.

It used to used by the military to preserve armaments.

Use it in all your internal and box sections and apply it under the chassis once the body colour paint has dried.

This stuff works!!
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse