Alfa Romeo ONLY please!
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Don't know who that sucker is but I love that slick "Indiana Jones" funky hat.. :D
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Gotta love the "protective beard" too... :)
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Aussie Balaclava, made from genuine Aussie hair (undyed, naturally colored, not cheap roo fur that the competition uses). Fire resistant for upto 5 seconds.

:lol:
Dr. Alban
Daniel
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Daniel »

Hey Mike,
These guys are taking the piss out of you.
Where's the usual MD replies to this sort of stuff ??
You haven't gone and buried your head under a 75 dash have you ?
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Yeah Mike that's taking it a little longer than you normally do- about 5 posts too long!

It looks tops mate- the bay- all of it- and the pipes look made to hang a turbo off.... i love it!
Fixing it bit by bit....
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Taking the piss eh? Well, I suppose I have to wear some seeing I dish it out and then some. The the Oz way. You spread some cheer and take some slack. I'm cool with that. So is Indianna I'm told.

I am particularly taken by Zeefa lately. He is definitely trying to climb out of his workshop reference manual and having a go at a few funnies. Keep it up fella but the one about Uluru went straight over the cranium and bounced off the dog kennel knocking two sparrows off the perch. I believe the RSPCA are forming a Coroners inquest to determine the cause of death with a view to a criminal trial. Zeefa, I suggest you get a visa for South Africa.. :D

Hey GOOD NEWS guys: Got the tacho working. Sorted all my oil leak issues. Simple stuff that in the end is just bolony. The transmission turned out to be an 8mm bolt left off the top of the gearbox holding down a small plate. Something you cannot see once the box is installed. The other item was a seal failure around the variable cam timing actuator. Both items now fixed so we are once more ready to mumbo.

Oh yeah, Jules, I forgot about you...... but I am saving a few pearlers for ya 8)
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Come to S.A. we love foreigners !! Just ask our lazy, unemployed.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

"As seen on TV"
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Guys, my reference to SA above for Zamani was purely in the context of a joke to get some distance between himself and the authorities. I could have said Peru, New Zealand or a dozen other places. It's not important.

The abominable events that are happening in SA are of course extremely important and tragic and I did not intentionally try to make any connection with these events. I apologise if some people thought that.

Having said that, I would really appreciate it if the issue of SA politics was not discussed further here being a topic set for racing but would invite anyone who does want to raise any matters relating to the events to do so in the "Other" topic set. That is, if the administrator sees it likewise..
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Apologies from my side. This needs to be on topic of the thread.
MD do you also spend time before scrutineering at the race track wiping down any potential oil leak so you dont get failed. I normally have a can of carb cleaner which we spray on sump(oil sweating areas) and then wipe off. Also found gearbox breather can shed a drop or two.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Were an Alfa family..no politics would be my vote..

Kev,the GTA`s were notorious for leaks from the gearbox..Scrutineering consisted of Orlando and myself,One of us distracting the guys and the other wiping like mad ! :D :D
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

:lol:

MD,

Have any photos of exhaust? BTW is this car running MOTEC efi or carbies?
Dr. Alban
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Kevin. I use White Spirits in a hand spray bottle in the field if I need to but for now this car actually doesn't have any oil leaks now that the faults have been remedied which is great.

We're an Alfa Family. What a beautiful way of expressing our bond here. Thank you Barry.

Zamani ( Zeefa sounds so much more cool 8) )

The Brick runs a Motec. Apart from the engine bay exhaust which you will find on page 4 of this topic set, here is a photo of the balance of the system under the chassis. It consists of a resonator after the secondary pipe flange followed by a straight through muffler and twin pipes exit for clearance.

The system produces a noise level of 105db(A) @ 5000 rpm-10db(A) in excess of requirements at Lakeside so to race there it needs a further muffler fitted and the outlet will have to go to the rear which of course means more weight, bugger it.
Attachments
Sub Floor Bits.jpg
Sub Floor Bits.jpg (54.63 KiB) Viewed 5307 times
Last edited by MD on Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

What !! No roll cage under the car ?? :shock: :D :D
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Looks like ground clearance issues to me... 8)

Where does that strange angle come from? Engine tilted towards the right or even pointed to the right? :shock:
Attachments
Angle-issue.jpg
Angle-issue.jpg (53.79 KiB) Viewed 5904 times
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!