Alfa Romeo ONLY please!
Frost
Silver
Silver

Re: Newbie racecar build advice

Post by Frost »

O K so the day has arrived and so has the Alfetta 8)
I nearly killed myself on the way home when fetching it as the front susp. is completely shot,it moans and groans and tries to find the nearest hedge everytime I think of touching the brake :shock:
but on the positve side the motor is sweet exept for over feuling under 2000rpm but thats easy to fix.
It finds all the gears as well so hopefulle no gearbox problems.
So far I have purchased new front lower baljoints (to help me live long enough to get it on track)and have ordered bilstein race shox(getting these as a credit from afrishox)
still looking for GTV6 torsions(Barry any news?)

So as is clear Im gonna start with the front suspension and move on from there.
The cage and interior stuff will be next as I wanna get it on track as quick as possible.
PS Kevin what are the rules on external and internal cut out switches for trofeo?

Also my strategy for this build is definitely gonna be to go as light as possible rather than over engineering everything on the car,If I can get the car light I wont need huge brakes and the suspension will be more positive with less work than forcing a barge to turn.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Re: Newbie racecar build advice

Post by kevin »

Frost,start searching for those gtv6 torsion bars and order your powerflex castor bushes. The resr of the parts are here at Hennies. Ask Clinton to send you regs. If in doubt come past my place and we can go through it. Look at Mats post on roll cage and pics in budget race car link. This will get you going.