Alfa Romeo ONLY please!
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Re: Race Animal ?

Post by Greg Gordon »

That's just awesome. I like the dual outboard air to air intercoolers. That's obviously a max effort car, 24 valver, dual turbos, custom plenums with ITBs. That's a serious amount of work. The only thing I don't like is the sea of blue couplers on a red car. Red or black would look nicer, but I guess it doesn't really matter, the car will go fast enough competitors should only see the other end!

Greg,
www.hiperformancestore.com
www.okinjectors.com
Duk
Verde
Verde

Post by Duk »

It's getting tight and squeezy in there! :shock:
Greg Gordon wrote:The only thing I don't like is the sea of blue couplers on a red car. Red or black would look nicer, but I guess it doesn't really matter, the car will go fast enough competitors should only see the other end!
LOL! 2 going onto 3 supercharger kits and a custom turbo installation from you Greg and the mismatched colours put you off. Thou aret indeed a perfectionist both visually and engineeringly :wink:
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

The car in this thread is beyond anything I have done, or plan to do in terms of custom work and horsepower. It's just that it's no extra work to have a color that matches, so I can't understand why so many people use blue on cars where it just doesn't match. Red, black, or silver would look right. Of course it's all in the eye of the beholder, maybe it looks right to everyone else.

Greg
Duk
Verde
Verde

Post by Duk »

Greg Gordon wrote:The car in this thread is beyond anything I have done, or plan to do in terms of custom work and horsepower. It's just that it's no extra work to have a color that matches, so I can't understand why so many people use blue on cars where it just doesn't match. Red, black, or silver would look right. Of course it's all in the eye of the beholder, maybe it looks right to everyone else.

Greg
I just thought that it was funny that given the amount of work that you yourself had done over the years, with all of the trials and tribulations that come with custom work, a bit of mismatched colour made it into 1 of your few mentioned dislikes, rather than reading something like "Isn't making 'such and such' a b@stard of a job?!?!" it's "F@#k I hate blue silicone hose!" (yes, I'm exaggerating) :wink: :P :wink: :P :lol:
And I do agree that blue silicone hose looks sh!te and I have no idea why so much of it is made in blue :?
1 little thing I suffered from, was not being able to find silicone reducer from 3.125" down to 2.5" in any colour but blue............ :shock:
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Ha ha ha . Sad reality is we are such a small market in SA that you can choose between blue and blue and blue silicone hoses . If we do find a red or yellow then it will be one size only eg 50 mm so then you have to start mixing and matching .
This car ate up a set of tyres in just four laps but then those tyres are way to small .it will be sad to see it transformed into a wide body but if you wanna catch the big guys here it needs huge rubber . At 0.5 bar boost on semi slicks it still two seconds a lap faster than the 156 silhouette tubular chassis race car that came here for our international day .
Notice how far the engine sits back . The plennum was designed so you could still get to the spark plugs without having to take everything apart . In rally special stages you need to be able to service quickly as we found out last year .
The aluminum welding is superb .( good to see big effort in attention to detail. ) pity they never had these welding guys five years ago .
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

The thing I want to say here is my total admiration for the South Africans and their passion for Alfa Romeo and they have been doing this for years. Doesn't matter if it is exotic, concourse or the pointy end of racing, these guys give it the most serious effort anybody could expect irrespective of the constraints imposed by the Country's well known situation.

Words are not enough. Underdogs but top dogs at the same time.

Just love you guys.

MD
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Joemart
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Joemart »

:wink: 8)
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Md your biltong is in the post :D
I will post some pics of what this car is up against from light weight turbo Lotus to full HKS spec GTR .
Good thing I like to see is workshops improve and up their game where this car has been built and also pushing new boundaries(learning from mistakes) . With the main aim of putting a GTV in the limelight .
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Hahhhaa Kevin, I assume a "biltong" is Afrikani for a "G" String bikini. Sorry mate,I got no need for one 'cause I gave them up when The "Budgie Smuggler" bathers became fashionable. :D :D

All jokes aside, I just love the "Let's Do It" attitude. It's infectious..no point saying , keep it up boys 'cause judging by the Rugby Footie, you bastards never give up anyway. :D
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Joemart
Platinum
Platinum

Re: Race Animal ? and BLUE Hoses (not hosiery)

Post by Joemart »

Hi

Check out the race animals competitors (With Blue Hoses"ry") - mmmmm - r those all Japanese motors????
Attachments
race animal 3.jpg
race animal 3.jpg (113.83 KiB) Viewed 8075 times
race animal 2.jpg
race animal 2.jpg (109.19 KiB) Viewed 8075 times
Kind of obvious what this is...
Kind of obvious what this is...
race animal 1.jpg (85.06 KiB) Viewed 8075 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Those race animal contenders vary from ultra lightweight lotus with huge turbo on full slicks , and a hks GTR with tyre warmers for a TRACKDAY . These track days are another sideline of entertaiment here where guys use these days to take their full blown race cars to ultra fast street cars to see who can post the fastest lap time . Very entertaining stuff .
So you can see an old 1983 gtv has serious opposition at fraction of cost .
Hey Greg , are they black silicone hoses available in US as thats my first choice of colour
rz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by rz »

wow, a lotus turbo;
must be very fast :shock:
i had an Elise with 15Ohp, plenty of power! nice car
Joemart
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Joemart »

So, an update on the race animal... almost ready for it's track debut
Attachments
animal low res2.JPG
animal low res2.JPG (53.68 KiB) Viewed 7969 times
animal low res1.JPG
animal low res1.JPG (45.71 KiB) Viewed 7969 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

The owner has removed his twinspark from this car and replaced it with the motor from the 155q4. Hopefully he will be on the track soon . I just swopped him my short ratio Sei diff for his long ratio as he has a hewland box upfront
Mats - some inspiration ? Hej Mats - nar kommer ditt projekt bli fardigt ?
Attachments
155q4front.jpg
155q4front.jpg (133.05 KiB) Viewed 7881 times
155q4 close.jpg
155q4 close.jpg (114.92 KiB) Viewed 7881 times
155q4turbo.jpg
155q4turbo.jpg (108.83 KiB) Viewed 7881 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Does anyone have any specs on this GTV . It's looks pretty mean .
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (158.92 KiB) Viewed 7785 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (175.71 KiB) Viewed 7785 times