Alfa Romeo ONLY please!
Daniel
Platinum
Platinum

Race Animal ?

Post by Daniel »

Does anyone have any details on this car?
Like, where can I get this bonnet ?
Hell, where can I get the engine ? :shock:
Attachments
002.jpg
002.jpg (39.96 KiB) Viewed 12871 times
001.jpg
001.jpg (39.92 KiB) Viewed 12870 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Re: Race Animal ?

Post by kevin »

Hi MD, I took that pic a few years ago of Dawie and my dad(grey haired 70+) sinchronising the throttle bodies on a 3.7L before a tarmac rally. The bonnet is still lying around here the car has another designed one on it now. The initial bulge on the bonnet was to clear a large intercooler then the car went NA and now its back to tt. Sad thing is i have just made five lightweight 3.0l bonnets but as I said before I cannot export them. This car is pictured in 'budget race car' . On the subject of race animals Domingoes (from GOTEC) has just let loose his new upgraded 3.4 tt on the track on Saurday in a national street car event. He came sevnth ahead of all Nobles, Scoobies, Cobras. What beat were caterhams ,3mill bucks Skyline GTR, 350kw(wheels) BMW's. Not bad for a car that is 20yrs old, electric windows, RS suspension, Getrag box and 285kw on the wheels on our twistiest track we have !!
Note the BMW's are ex factory touring cars with new m3 tt setup.
Will send you pics of bonnets
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Hi Kevin,

Love the photos and the car. However you have miscued. It's Daniel's post. I campaign an Alfetta sedan.

By all means, let's see some more exciting pics.

Cheers.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Daniel
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Daniel »

That's right Kev, Mike and I are not interchangable. He's shorter than me, and then there's looks too. :lol: We do live in the same city and have the same Alfa disease though.

I'd love some more pics of the bonnets and the car and any spec details you have and can give freely.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Yep, missed the ball completely there.(dyslexia coming out). Problem was MD covered for you when you were absent on your thread - excuses .
I posted all these specs and pics somewhere before but I will find them with there updates. Notice this engine sits further back. Only hassle as that wheel bearings are not lasting on this due to wide slicks. I have noticed on all the"super" alfas with 400hp plus they all use 119 front wheel bearings(hubs) mainly for there size as according to the chaps. However as this been a newer car and barely used this mod was never done. Out of interest I drove a front mount gearbox with sedan diff rear(race Giulietta) and you cant even feel the difference. I thought it would be totally tail happy.
Start digging for pics.
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

kevin wrote: Out of interest I drove a front mount gearbox with sedan diff rear(race Giulietta) and you cant even feel the difference. I thought it would be totally tail happy.
Start digging for pics.
maybe that's because the Sei diff weighs almost as much as a transaxle gearbox? :roll: The weight of the frontmount gearbox is behind the front axle so it shouldn't be to bad for the distribution i guess...

Time to put that Giulietta on some scales i say! 8)
Drive it like you stole it...
fortom
Gold
Gold

Post by fortom »

Kevin you got pics off the bonnets?
lucass81
Gold
Gold

Post by lucass81 »

Kevin, is somewere a webpage about this events were this Alfas are racing?
84 GTV6
96 M3
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

lucass, this car will probably race in our next race at the end of next month but with 3.4 24vtt motor in(Dawie De Villiers). Scary thing is that there will be two of these cars racing as the other one belongs to Domingoes. When you think you are fast on the track pushing to the limits, these GTV's just fly past and my car is not slow as 355 Ferrari struggles to get past it. Will find more pics. Howvever here some pics of new lightweight race 3.0l bonnets i had made. Only two left. Probably put them on other two GTV's.
Attachments
IMG_2663.JPG
IMG_2663.JPG (75.94 KiB) Viewed 12413 times
fortom
Gold
Gold

Post by fortom »

Hi Kevin , bonnets look good.
Will you be doing anymore and if so how much do you want for one. Could organize a mate in Greytown to collect......
Tom
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Hi Tom , I got one for you. Send me a PM. I am making fiberglass doors at the moment. I will post pics showing how they came out.
Frost
Silver
Silver

Post by Frost »

Hey Kevin ,who is doing the fiberglass work for u I'm gonna need a fiberglass bonnet and bootlid for the alfetta sedan?
ALFA GTV6 GP
Platinum
Platinum

Post by ALFA GTV6 GP »

Kevin
I need a bonnet for my original SA GTV6 hell I'd buy Four.
Also interested in the doors!
Last time I inquired I was told it was too hard work to ship Parts from SA to OZ.But that can be true can it ?
Thanks John
Alfa 75 3.0 qv potenziata (Black)
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Silver)
Alfa GTV6 GP 3.0 (Red)
Alfa GTV6 GP (Concourse)
Alfa GTV6 SA 3.3 AHMotorsport (Grey) 226.3 Bhp atw
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Dark Grey) 200+ Bhp atw
fortom
Gold
Gold

Post by fortom »

Hey John, i am in the auto trade here in Auckland and we have freight companies het bring parts in for us from europe. Gonna find about if the will pick up in SA as they are a worldwide company. Also have friends and family in SA that live near Kevin for pick up.
Tom
ALFA GTV6 GP
Platinum
Platinum

Post by ALFA GTV6 GP »

Hey Tom
Good info there thanks for that !
Keep me posted as buying from SA makes a great deal of sense for us Alfa lovers down here in OZ.
Alfa 75 3.0 qv potenziata (Black)
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Silver)
Alfa GTV6 GP 3.0 (Red)
Alfa GTV6 GP (Concourse)
Alfa GTV6 SA 3.3 AHMotorsport (Grey) 226.3 Bhp atw
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Dark Grey) 200+ Bhp atw