Alfa Romeo ONLY please!
gtvpaouer
Silver
Silver

Re: GTV race car.

Post by gtvpaouer »

Makes me wonder why AR did not make rear brake setup with original calipers like Yours! Much more accessible for maintenance and changing pads, but maybee I missed something?? :roll:
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Yeah you are, a handbrake for street use. Alfa doesn't make race cars for sale.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
gtvpaouer
Silver
Silver

Post by gtvpaouer »

MD wrote:Yeah you are, a handbrake for street use. Alfa doesn't make race cars for sale.
I have had handbrake on all my streetcars with vertically attached calipers, why should it not work on an Alfa??
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

The modified calipers in this application do not have a handbrake that is why they are not suitable for street use. You implied Alfa should make the same type of brakes for their cars which is not appropriate. Is that any clearer ?
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
gtvpaouer
Silver
Silver

Post by gtvpaouer »

MD wrote:The modified calipers in this application do not have a handbrake that is why they are not suitable for street use. You implied Alfa should make the same type of brakes for their cars which is not appropriate. Is that any clearer ?
No, did not. I wondered why Alfa did not make rear brake setup with original calipers like Benskis setup. To be more specific, original calipers with handbrakes in vertical position.