Alfa Romeo ONLY please!
Maurizio Bianco
Silver
Silver

Nico Bianco

Post by Maurizio Bianco »

Hi,

does anyone know the whereabouts of Nico Bianco's gtv 3.0 race car ?

regards,

Maurizio
kevin
Verde
Verde

Re: Nico Bianco

Post by kevin »

Hi Maurizio, Firstly what a surprise to see you on the forum. For those out there both Maurizio and his late brother Nico raced the Alfa GTV 3.0 in its first outing at Kyalami along with other drivers including Dereck Bell. Alfa had a clean sweep that day. I guess if it was not for your Dad that car would never have been created.
Your family really left behind a legacy for Alfa .
I have managed to track down two cars that raced in 83,84. One of them was prepared by Italian Cars and other by Pino. The latter has been converted to road use.
As sponsorship changed a few times can you recall who were your sponsors through those two seasons.
If we do manage to locate one of the cars will you bring it back to Italy!
Finally some one needs to post that debut race of the GTV 3.0 on you tube. what a great race to watch. Thanks again for those books you sent.
Maybe some of our Pretoria club forum guys might have seen it some where stored(thats how i located the one from Italian Cars)
Regards
kevin
fortom
Gold
Gold

Post by fortom »

Hi Kevin and Maurizio, wow- when i say the Nico Bianco name - well many happy and sad emotions.
I may be well off course but i vaguely remember Nico driving a car that was sponsored by Mr Xhaust Mr Tyre? against the sierras and the 745 and i think it was a one off for the last race off the season at Kyalami. I was working for Arnold Chatz at the time and done some work prepping the car George Santana drove. From memory i thought it was his usual red 7 that was repainted black for the sponsorship. I think i have pics somewhere, but do have pics of the red one.
Best wishes Maurizio.

Tom
ALFA GTV6 GP
Platinum
Platinum

Post by ALFA GTV6 GP »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceP-DP2NME4

Here is some footage of the car.

John
Alfa 75 3.0 qv potenziata (Black)
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Silver)
Alfa GTV6 GP 3.0 (Red)
Alfa GTV6 GP (Concourse)
Alfa GTV6 SA 3.3 AHMotorsport (Grey) 226.3 Bhp atw
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Dark Grey) 200+ Bhp atw
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Hey John , we need the footage where the GTV 3.0 take the first five slots. That was there worst outing. I still see Alan Esterhuizen (driver of black Giulietta ) quite often. He is the only guy I know who has fallen asleep twice on the start grid. I have the dvd but not sure how to download it. Problem is its conversion.
ALFA GTV6 GP
Platinum
Platinum

Post by ALFA GTV6 GP »

Hi Kevin

I even enjoy watching them lose :D
You could use a program like http://www.leawo.com/dvd-to-flv-converter/
Or if you dont want to do that sell me some copies of the DVD's and I will upload them.

John
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Silver)
Alfa GTV6 GP 3.0 (Red)
Alfa GTV6 GP (Concourse)
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Well John , technically they never lost because they always won their class but it was always satisfying when they beat the 5.0L V8 Fords . I got some one working on a copy of dvd to download.
ALFA GTV6 GP
Platinum
Platinum

Post by ALFA GTV6 GP »

Hi Kevin

Good news on both fronts.

John.
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Silver)
Alfa GTV6 GP 3.0 (Red)
Alfa GTV6 GP (Concourse)
Maurizio Bianco
Silver
Silver

fortom wrote:Hi Kevin and Maurizio, wow- when i say the Nico Bianco name - well many happy and sad emotions.
I may be well off course but i vaguely remember Nico driving a car that was sponsored by Mr Xhaust Mr Tyre? against the sierras and the 745 and i think it was a one off for the last race off the season at Kyalami. I was working for Arnold Chatz at the time and done some work prepping the car George Santana drove. From memory i thought it was his usual red 7 that was repainted black for the sponsorship. I think i have pics somewhere, but do have pics of the red one.
Best wishes Maurizio.

Tom

Hello, your memory is correct. I think the car was indeed repainted black for mr. x-haust. I recall reading a blog from a guy in SA who claimed to have the ex Nico car. My intention is to buy the car and donate it to the ALFA Museum in Milan. can you help me ?
Maurizio Bianco
Silver
Silver

kevin wrote:Hi Maurizio, Firstly what a surprise to see you on the forum. For those out there both Maurizio and his late brother Nico raced the Alfa GTV 3.0 in its first outing at Kyalami along with other drivers including Dereck Bell. Alfa had a clean sweep that day. I guess if it was not for your Dad that car would never have been created.
Your family really left behind a legacy for Alfa .
I have managed to track down two cars that raced in 83,84. One of them was prepared by Italian Cars and other by Pino. The latter has been converted to road use.
As sponsorship changed a few times can you recall who were your sponsors through those two seasons.
If we do manage to locate one of the cars will you bring it back to Italy!
Finally some one needs to post that debut race of the GTV 3.0 on you tube. what a great race to watch. Thanks again for those books you sent.
Maybe some of our Pretoria club forum guys might have seen it some where stored(thats how i located the one from Italian Cars)
Regards
kevin

Hi Kevin. I want to buy it and donate it to the Alfa museum. please can you help me ?
fortom
Gold
Gold

Post by fortom »

Hi Maurizio, it would have been great to try trace the car but unfortunately i now live in Australia.
I am sure Kevin with his contacts might be your best bet. Dawie ??
I will surely watch with interest and wish you all the best and hope to see the car in the museum one day.

Regards
Tom
Maurizio Bianco
Silver
Silver

fortom wrote:Hi Maurizio, it would have been great to try trace the car but unfortunately i now live in Australia.
I am sure Kevin with his contacts might be your best bet. Dawie ??
I will surely watch with interest and wish you all the best and hope to see the car in the museum one day.

Regards
Tom

ok thanks,

will be in touch.

Warmest regards

Maurizio
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Hi Maurizio, I know where that car is. Reinaldo is the chap who said he converted it to road use for the current owner( I never took him seriously when he told me that). The car is stored about 2km from me at Doc .... house but it has a 24v motor in it. What would be great is to have restored to origional. I do have access to all the parts. There is a pic of it with its Mr exhaust colours on it at kilarney race track in reinaldos office. I can pm you the number of the owner and more about the car. He also has the only right hand drive SZ in the world.
Maurizio Bianco
Silver
Silver

kevin wrote:Hi Maurizio, I know where that car is. Reinaldo is the chap who said he converted it to road use for the current owner( I never took him seriously when he told me that). The car is stored about 2km from me at Doc .... house but it has a 24v motor in it. What would be great is to have restored to origional. I do have access to all the parts. There is a pic of it with its Mr exhaust colours on it at kilarney race track in reinaldos office. I can pm you the number of the owner and more about the car. He also has the only right hand drive SZ in the world.

Thanks. Can you put me in contact ? if I manage to buy it, then we should restore it. Also, send any pictures on it please.

regards

Maurizio
xrad
Verde
Verde

Post by xrad »

what luck, hope it works out for you Maurizio!!