Alfa Romeo ONLY please!
HEINRICH
Silver
Silver

1983 KILLARNEY 3-HOUR

Post by HEINRICH »

Hi Gents. As the new and proud owner of a 1984 GTV6 3.0 (bought from Dawie who has just re-built the motor to exact Group 1 Specs for me), it's great to read about the race history of this car. In my opinion racing was the very reason for its existence and should rightfully take pride of place. My question:

According to snippets, the cars placed first and second in the Group 1 Class of the Castrol 3-Hour Endurance at Killarney as well in 1983. Who were the drivers? Maurizio, you wouldnt happen to have the car's complete performance record of 1983 and 1984?
drivers71
Silver
Silver

Re: 1983 KILLARNEY 3-HOUR

Post by drivers71 »

HEINRICH wrote:Hi Gents. As the new and proud owner of a 1984 GTV6 3.0 (bought from Dawie who has just re-built the motor to exact Group 1 Specs for me), it's great to read about the race history of this car. In my opinion racing was the very reason for its existence and should rightfully take pride of place. My question:

According to snippets, the cars placed first and second in the Group 1 Class of the Castrol 3-Hour Endurance at Killarney as well in 1983. Who were the drivers? Maurizio, you wouldnt happen to have the car's complete performance record of 1983 and 1984?
Welcome Heinrich, and congratulations for your new GTV6.
There are a few of us on here who are trying to piece together the race history of these Autodelta 3 litre cars, but detailed information is proving difficult to find. All I know is that they finished first and second in the Killarney 3 hours in 1983. A fair guess is that the drivers would have been any of the following: Abel D'Oliviera, Arnold Chatz, Nico Bianco, Maurizio Bianco, Mike Formato, Willie van Zyl, Dick Pickering, Eric Saunders and Fino Pontes.
Should you come across any confirmation or further details, I'm sure we would all like to hear it, please.
I also have one of these cars, imported to the UK from South Africa last year, and am compiling a history of their racing appearances. This has not been possible without the help of several key people, both on this BB and elsewhere.
The thread in this section headed "Nico Bianco" seems to be where we have put together much of the information we know, so far, but there is another thread named "GTV6 3 litre" also.
Please keep us in touch with anything more you discover.
Rich Harman
r1ch053@aol.com