nelsontunnel.jpg
nelsontunnel.jpg (47.83 KiB) Viewed 8381 times
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Re: Original GTV 3.0l race car build gearbox upfront (Nelso

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

That fits pretty good. :) Thanks for the pic, please keep them coming... :D

My biggest interest at the moment is the driveshaft. I'm guessing they use a 1 piece shaft as it's only about 80cm long. But what do they do with the Guibo's? Both the beemer box as the Sei diff use a three legged flange for a guibo. :(

I'm looking into using one of the guibos to keep it's dampening effect for the driveline. The paln is to us the Guibo and the directly after it a U-joint. The part of the axle that slides over the pin that sticks out of the diff will get a solid bronze bushing so it will only turn but not move to the sides. On the gearbox side i'm going to make another u-joint that connects to the gearbox with a new flange. But if you can present me a better way to do this i'm all ears.... :mrgreen:
Drive it like you stole it...
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

That's the tunnel in my GTV. uses the shifter mechanism of an Opel Omega gearbox with an arm adapted to fit to the bmw gearbox. :)

lot of work to build that tunnel, the E36 option would have been much easier. :|
Drive it like you stole it...
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Just some more update pics of this car of supension and prop etc> These guys do such a great job. Nothing get bolted or welded until its perfect. Note the AR bar is not connected thats why its lying at an angle.
Attachments
nelson_seirear.jpg
nelson_seirear.jpg (68.95 KiB) Viewed 8307 times
nelson_proprear.jpg
nelson_proprear.jpg (51.7 KiB) Viewed 8307 times
nelson_propfront.jpg
nelson_propfront.jpg (64.51 KiB) Viewed 8307 times
nelson_bilstein.jpg
nelson_bilstein.jpg (60.37 KiB) Viewed 8307 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Some more pics as the car progresses. Tunnel neatly finished off. Note the back been rounded.
Attachments
nelsrear.jpg
nelsrear.jpg (69.06 KiB) Viewed 8257 times
nelsinterior.jpg
nelsinterior.jpg (66.87 KiB) Viewed 8257 times
nelsfront.jpg
nelsfront.jpg (74.27 KiB) Viewed 8257 times
nelsengbay.jpg
nelsengbay.jpg (84.56 KiB) Viewed 8257 times
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

I am impressed. That tunnel work looks darn near like it left the factory that way. The whole conversion looks great, engine, diff, etc. The blue couplers look out of place. Red or black would match everything else on the car.

Greg,
www.hiperformancestore.com
www.okinjectors.com
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Yeah, Blue is out of place but you cannot find black couplers here as the Jap car racers dictate market and they only bring in bling coulours. Even red is out of place I think.
Both guys guys doing their cars on this link are desperate to fit your supercharger kit but our banana currency does make it feasable unfortunately.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Yeah, I know, the jap crowd has a big influence on the market here as well. Still, I stock black and silver couplers as they both look pretty much stock.

Actually I sold the last supercharger kit for the V6. I am developing a whole new kit, more modern supercharger, quiet when off boost, tighter packaging, etc.

Greg
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

Greg Gordon wrote:Yeah, I know, the jap crowd has a big influence on the market here as well. Still, I stock black and silver couplers as they both look pretty much stock.

Actually I sold the last supercharger kit for the V6. I am developing a whole new kit, more modern supercharger, quiet when off boost, tighter packaging, etc.

Greg

That's excellent news!!!

I've saved up for your kit for the Giulietta, any idea on pricing? same as the old one?
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

I don't want to hijack this thread with supercharging stuff. I don't have any hard numbers yet anyway.

Greg
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Greg please go ahead with any supercharging stuff here as I said both chaps are keen to see any new developments.
Drop any pics of new developments .
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

Greg Gordon wrote:I don't want to hijack this thread with supercharging stuff. I don't have any hard numbers yet anyway.

Greg
Sorry, did not intend to do that, maybe it's time for a new supercharger kit thread hehehe :D
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Hey guys, I will start a new thread with some pictures. Probably next week. The big changes are a switch from the 4th gen Eaton/Magnuson to the Sprintex.

The older 4th gen Eaton/Magnuson unit is a great unit, but it's too far behind the newer 6th gen TVS and Sprintex units to justify continuing with. Don't get me wrong, the old one is great, and can make a ton of power, but the newer units can make it more easily.

For comparison, the new Sprintex unit has the same Delta T and drive power requirements at 14psi that the 4th gen has at 10psi. The TVS is pretty much the same, although the Sprintex may have an efficiency advantage at some really high boost levels I don't intend to run anyway. By the numbers both superchargers have slight advantages in certain areas, but overall are too close to call.

Ultimately the Sprintex won out over the TVS due to packaging issues. It's a lot smaller, and I mean A LOT smaller. This allows me to bolt the throttle to the back of the supercharger and plumb the bypass back in behind the throttle plate making is very quiet.

I am also going up in supercharger displacement to allow for more ultimate power. If you look way way back in the old forum you will see that my kit with the 4th gen blower was originally designed to make 200 flywheel hp on a stock 2.5. The idea was to be an alternative to the 200hp Autodelta instructions (i.e. cams, 11:1 compression etc.) Yes, I took it up over 300hp, and some customers even got near 400hp (I never did), but it wasn't designed from the outset to do that.

This kit is designed from the outset for nearly 300hp on a stock 2.5 (well, stock except for pistons), and can provide up to 500hp on a modified 3.0. Getting 400hp out of a 3.0 with just pistons ported runner and a good exhaust shouldn't be a big problem.

The 4cyl kit will be out first. It's in the final stages now and I hope to post pictures next week. It's designed for 200hp, with 300hp being attainable with forged pistons.

I have found that customers for the V6 cars are very different than customers for the Spider. So, the Spider kit will be sort of a one size fits all kit. I will probably package it with all plumbing, injectors and SDS fuel injection. The V6 kit will probably be a lot like its been in the past.

Greg
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

That is great news Greg, i've been wanting your kit for years now, but it's taken me ages to put together the Giulietta with the V6 engine (parts gathering and a new Giulietta were in the way too). It's finally coming alive hopefully in february and my next step is the supercharger kit and possibly air conditioning too.

I'll be watching closely your thread on the new kit

:D
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Greg, does your kit for the 12v bolt on the 24v . I need to start at beginning and read your books on supercharging but firstly I have ask one stupid question. Will your supercharger specified for the 2.5 be ok for the 24v 3.0 ? Pulleys could be problem with the rubber type vibration pulley on the 24v.
Info welcome