la_strega_nera
Platinum
Platinum

Re: Project 2 : front mount SA GTV 3.0 - Sei diff

Post by la_strega_nera »

Damn that's a good looking car.
1966 GTV
1982 Suzuki "Bathurst" Katana
1995 Cagiva Mito (race kitted 250 powered)
KevinR
Verde
Verde

Post by KevinR »

Thanks mate . It's sure one crazy car to drive . It's smooth but leaves no time to take a breather as you're constantly shifting gears due to short ratios and loads of snappy power . But then again I keep forgetting its a trackday car best suited for racing short circuits and hill climbs .
KevinR
Verde
Verde

Post by KevinR »

Been a while from last update but it's definitly "Alfa season" at the moment with quite a few events to use the car and display the car . One of note was AutoItalia had an invitational event at Chobham test facility where they hired out this old WW2 and current McLaren test facility . It's a concrete circuit with loads of grip, bends , straights , elevations etc - . Anyway it was good place to test the car and have some fun . Good news car was relable as ever and made most out of the rainsport tyres and the wet conditions . There are definitly areas to tweak , change and refine which will continue on this thread after spending four hours in the car including London traffic on way home ! Clutch is very good . Highlight of the day was seen Richard Melvins 2.0 GTV which he brought along to do some testing as well . I will download some pics of the day .
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

How about some vids? :D
KevinR
Verde
Verde

Post by KevinR »

I need to invest in a go pro at some stage . Their is a very short clip going up the old ww2 test hill which is 1:4 gradient from half way . Far from exciting but still managed to spin it in third with very grippy tyres and rough concrete at Brooklands . I will try find it but it's pretty boring 20seconds .
Here are some pics from Chobham test facility . Attached is also a pic of a black 75 that my neighbour bought after constantly seen Alfas in the "non alfa street" in our village .
Also pics of Alex Jupe in his Red 75 plus Bills 3.5 12v bumper less Gtv.
Hope to get invited back by AutoItalia to next years track experience :D
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (179.98 KiB) Viewed 8638 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (205.15 KiB) Viewed 8638 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (225.76 KiB) Viewed 8638 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (253.17 KiB) Viewed 8638 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (216.77 KiB) Viewed 8638 times
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

Anybody know where to get those wheelarch extensions from the last picture?
Drive it like you stole it...
KevinR
Verde
Verde

Post by KevinR »

Yes , contact Richard on this link
http://www.artracing.co.uk/a-bit-of-history/
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

Kev,

Nice pics! Must be awesome to even get to go to those events! One of these days I want to go to NAD, Goodwood FoS and the Touring car revival in June. Don't have the time to do it now though :(

BTW Forget GoPro. Go here for some action cam reviews

www.techmoan.com

His list of recent reviews:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 7F0C9FDC91

Lots of cheaper GoPro alternatives which are as good or better
KevinR
Verde
Verde

Post by KevinR »

Found that clip of the 1:4 test hill . It's really difficult to light up the tyres on the angular concrete chip surface . Note nothing exciting happens - it's merely an old WW2 test hill where tested airplane engine in cars ie Napiers etc .
Just wanted to see if clutch was man enough .
Go to 3min 42 . ( warning it's boring - but you can hear the motor ) . This was on the Saturday after the track day where the pics above were taken .
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eHxvG_m5qC8
KevinR
Verde
Verde

Post by KevinR »

Use of track car has been limited due exhaust being 2db over the limit for Goowood at last track day . They said I could go out but manage the noise with short shifting etc but that's pretty pointless with current gearbox ad their is only 600rpm difference between 4th and 5th ! So looks like I will have to replace some of my current silencers with better quality ( packed ) boxes or just take the exhaust out the back . Was hoping to avoid going out the back due to the large inboard callipers I have .
So in the meantime my current track is the Surrey hills and with my semis now on its seems to do the job pretty well . As they say in Serf Efrica - it sticks like boerewors to a braaivleis ( English translation - minced up beef sausage to a barbie ) .
As the car is road legal I hav entered it into a hill climb event in September . Should be fun even though it's a under a mile long it's pretty naff !
Some pics with the 8J compos on 225/45/15 Toyo s
Other than that car is running really well and strong as ever 8)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (221.6 KiB) Viewed 8442 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (226.07 KiB) Viewed 8442 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (96.47 KiB) Viewed 8442 times
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

Come to the Netherlands with it at the end of august for the spettacolo sportivo... One of the biggest alfa romeo events in europe.

It's held at famous Zandvoort circuit.

http://www.spettacolosportivo.eu/en/
KevinR
Verde
Verde

Post by KevinR »

Looks like it's gonna be another great event . As I'm still on a SA passport I'm gonna have to apply for a visa ASAP . Problem with our passport the embassy always wants an address where you staying which means I have to book a B&B first then take chance of getting visa in time . I have checked flights as I won't drive this time round . Now just looking for close B&B . Hiring car would be silly so probably would have to look as taxi unless once I have confirmed booking I can pm you and best plans . I have to laugh because I doubt all the dumbass brexiters thought about this when they are planning their future holidays into Europe . Their UK passport will be just as good as an SA one !( I guess I can say after living in 45years of travel isolation )
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

Are you going to the silverstone classic this weekend? Neil Smith's 156 STW will be there, he is a really aggressive driver.

Does the specatcollo Sportivo in Zandvoort also have the euro Alfa challenge race? That's a super cool Alfa series.
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

I'll only be going at sunday. We had a baby last fridaynight so I'm probably going to come alone and not for very long.

Otherwise i would be happy to pick you guys up somewhere.
KevinR
Verde
Verde

Post by KevinR »

Hi Z , yes I will be at Silverstone classic as my mate who I work with is looking after a GTV 6 that's racing on Sunday . No doubt I will take lots of pics . Car has just been redone ( respray etc) and is looking really good . I was checking out the huge negative camber on the rear wheels the other day . I could have mistaken it for 2 degrees and atleast 3.5 degrees on the front .
Thanks Remco , I have picked up your PM .