Alfa Romeo ONLY please!
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Re: Project 2 : front mount SA GTV 3.0 - Sei diff

Post by Jim K »

Oh, I don't think Kevin minds, he can see $hit a mile away so he ain't buying any from MD, organic or otherwise! :lol:

Jim K.
KevinR
Verde
Verde

Post by KevinR »

:mrgreen: about time some one livened up this thread :D MD don't get to excited about threads as I understand it's all you guys wear on the Gold Coast with your sandals !
At the same time as the Silverstone classic is the event in Belgium which strangely enough a few guys from here in UK went to that just to have change of scenery and a bit of a jolly .

Soo back to the topic .... I'm gonna start stocking up on some good SA wines , possibly some from MD country for the Siverstone Classic . jK start packing that box of olives with that 3.2 crankshaft I'm looking for . Maybe there might be two 75s running at the event as well .
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

3.2 crank? When I was looking for mine, I found one for 600€ and got it. The week after, I got a call from a used parts store I had contacted weeks before and he said he just removed a good one from an engine and he'd sell it to me for 500€. :roll: Oh well, could have saved 100€ there -not much difference to the final engine >8k€ tab but why not?

Jim K.
KevinR
Verde
Verde

Post by KevinR »

Got sent some nice pics from AutoItalia from Octobers event which I thought I would download here . Gonna aim to get car to their test track day at Longcross next month where there are no noise restrictions . :D
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (234.61 KiB) Viewed 6907 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (207.59 KiB) Viewed 6907 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (216.64 KiB) Viewed 6907 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (163.17 KiB) Viewed 6907 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (143.5 KiB) Viewed 6907 times
KevinR
Verde
Verde

Post by KevinR »

Seen that summer is here it's time to do some work on the car again . It will be never ending so I just do one thing at a time at this stage . The irony now is I'm make my race car back to a road car in terms of decibel level as I can't do track days . They curb it at 98 DB and I'm bang on it even with three silencers on a side exit . So I figured only way at this stage is to take exhaust out back . I have replaced now replaced my old exhaust with an Ansa moddle and rear section . It's definitely much quieter now and sounds very tame . M mapping has been affected as well as idling is not so good .
I'm now looking for ways to open the Ansa rear pipe as it has two 40mm exit pipes which is way to small , it needs minimum two 50mm so it will see how I can modify the internals to match my new exit pipes . Some pics of before and after on the driveway .
Has anyone opened up an Ansa rear silencer ?
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (145.3 KiB) Viewed 6766 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (106.11 KiB) Viewed 6766 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (79.93 KiB) Viewed 6766 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (215.51 KiB) Viewed 6766 times
Murray
Verde
Verde

Post by Murray »

KevinR what you want to do is get some of the insulation material out of that Ansa.When I was setting up my Megasquirt I blew out a large percentage of the mufflers guts and now it sounds absolutely ideal.Perhaps you can go in through the tailpipes with a grappling tool and yank some out, sounds like a brutal operation but worth it.
1986-GTV6
1989-75 Twinspark very sadly sold-remarkable sedan !
2014 Audi Q5 3.0l TDI - torque MONSTER
KevinR
Verde
Verde

Post by KevinR »

Murray good idea , I think I will cut open the top of the box and do some " surgery " . Will take pics when I do this .
Murray
Verde
Verde

Post by Murray »

Yeah that would be cool ! I'm astounded by how perfect my "defective" Ansa sounds.I have a straight pipe that I install at the track and it's sweet @ >4k, but urban driving it's a bit much.
1986-GTV6
1989-75 Twinspark very sadly sold-remarkable sedan !
2014 Audi Q5 3.0l TDI - torque MONSTER
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

While you bastards are denigrating my good and sanctimonious name, we are having fun out there with the track taxi.

...BTW JK, please re-install that paper roll holder under you chin and put a fresh roll in it. Your dribbling is outrageous only followed closely by that other dribbler, Zeeffa, better known as 75evo. Only his problem is it runs down the inside leg. :D :D
Attachments
A18879920_1433527036714104_3856091129888983942_o.jpg
A18879920_1433527036714104_3856091129888983942_o.jpg (99.86 KiB) Viewed 6684 times
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Just couldn't stay away, could ya? Found a quick way out of the straight-jacket, have you? I hope they strap you back on that table with one wire up your kazoo and the other up your nose and push the 'start' switch! Hahahahahah, You'd make a great Marty Feldman eyeball and Einstein hair impersonation! :twisted: :twisted: I thought dinosaurs hibernate, how come you're still up? Tail keeps wacking you on the head? Still haven't mastered that one yet, right? :lol: :lol: Give it time, it'll fall off just like everything else you hadn't been using! :oops:

Jim K.
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Oh, I see, so we are still friends. I wish you wouldn't keep sucking up to me in public.
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Would you rather I posted some pics of you in ...let's say, improper attire? Strange color combination in that g-string, heheheh! :oops: Loved your sexy (?) dance with that macho biker with the SS hat on, hahahah! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops:

Jim k.
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

KEVIN save me.Save me.!!!!
JK's painted me into a corner and he has a grease gun.

Please post something relevant to this topic QUICK ! and HURRY TOO. My arse is on the line here.

Save me, save me !!

Yo, Kevin. Are you out there???? !!!!
KevinR
Verde
Verde

Post by KevinR »

No no , not gonna save you this time ! jK keep firing away until he climbs back into that giant eggshell he seemed to have hatched out of ..... Or he can update us with some more info on his highly top secret track taxi he's cruising around in . :D
Come to think of it I don't see to much on the 3.2 24v of Jk - maybe he's hands are stuck in his special garage jar of olives :wall:
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Heheh, anyone modelling his car's suspension after a kangaroo deserves a break with a free shock-treatment session :lol: Ok, will let you go this time Ozzie (or Harriet if you still fancy wearing you-know-what) on condition you must paint your cab a proper yellow and put a TAXI sign on the roof. Please understand that the track attendant is not obliged to wait for you to finish a 'race' long after everyone else have packed up their gear and gone home. Maybe -just maybe- this sport is not in your blood. Have you considered tackling the challenging world of basket-weaving? May make a star out of you yet! :mrgreen: After all, you must be good at something, even with an IQ like yours! :oops: :roll:
Your friend,
Jim.

The 3.2 was scheduled to be dyno/mapped on June 6, but my mother fell and broke her hip bone... Not the best thing for an 88 year old. I just brought her home from the hospital and will reschedule for -hopefully- next week.