Alfa Romeo ONLY please!
KevinR
Verde
Verde

Re: Project 2 : front mount SA GTV 3.0 - Sei diff

Post by KevinR »

I gave up at beginning of week trying to get my visa in time for the Spectacolo . They could not promise it would be processed that quickly which is understandable ( when having an SA passport ) so next year I must just organise to get visas early ...... But then it might turn out the queue might be even longer as the guys with UK passports might be in the Q - ha ha !
Well this weekend is the Auto Italia festival at Branshatch . My mate is racing on Sunday in his black 75 3.2 24v . His mods are looking really good on it . Gonna watch some backroad testing on it tomorrow eve . I will take some short clips . Very impressive suspension set up .
Speaking of testing I tested a hill climb route with the track car this afternoon . My old man who is over 80yrs is in UK wanted to see his it performed . The front suspension is really to stiff for the route as it was literally bouncing . It's far from a smooth track surface , actually it's pretty far from a smooth road surface . Too late to get spare springs ordered and I'm already running a smaller ex auto delta type front anti roll bar so maybe I run pretty low tyre pressures with the semi slicks . Not sure I thats a bad idea . Can only test and see .
KevinR
Verde
Verde

Post by KevinR »

Had a bit of fun with the track car in a hill climb event in a small village not to far from me called Shere . Its a very pretty place if visiting with an excellent coffee shop . Most of the buildings date from 1450 to 1550 . They make the tower of Pizza look plumb ! It's not a timed event but you can get into fourth gear . Road is pretty rough with lots chicanes and few bends going up 300ft over 1.6km . It's a good laugh and you can thrash the car . I guess that's what a front mount box is for . Quite a few Alfas took part to bring proper flavour to the country side .
Few pics
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (221.62 KiB) Viewed 7105 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (240.08 KiB) Viewed 7105 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (143.92 KiB) Viewed 7105 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (235.53 KiB) Viewed 7105 times
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

Looking nice Kev. Last few days has been quite warm here. Hill climb ok, one way traffic. But driving those tiny roads, with cars coming the other day way as well... At 50mph.... how do the Brits do it. Trying to follow a grandma in a Corsa 1.2 was difficult in a Merc A180. Especially in the blind corners.

I've always thought a Modified GTV 6 with power steering, RSR, would be great for these roads, nice and narrow with the V6 sound bouncing against the hedges at 7000 rpm.
KevinR
Verde
Verde

Post by KevinR »

This particular road on normal days is not a one way and has a speed limit of 60mph . Thats what it is on most of these country lanes where you have to stop and pull in to let some past . There are two absolutely blind corners on this particular stretch your main concern on normal days is not other cars but cyclists . Surrey is so big on cycling since the Olympics few years back that every man and his dog are on bikes on the weekend . ( called Mamils - middle aged men in lycra ) this exact Lane called Staple Lane was part of the Olympic route !
Back to cars - I have some nice hedge marks down left side of car from Sunday . As said before this event was more a show and tell for charity and a good laugh - with some serious lead feet .
KevinR
Verde
Verde

Post by KevinR »

Coming up next weekend is Auto Italia Autumn Motorsport day . Basically "show and tell " day but at least my car will be in the Italian race car line up and I can do a few laps around the Mercedes Benz test track that will be open to the competition cars . Looking forward to so already packed the car with spare wheels incase it's bucketing down :D The boot holds three wheel conforably with the smaller 55litre tank . Pack the other behind the seats . I hope the neighbours don't get to upset when I satrt the car early next Sunday morning as I'm putting the straight through side exit pipe back on for the day :wall:
Here's a link to the day
http://auto-italia.co.uk/events.asp
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (101.14 KiB) Viewed 6991 times
KevinR
Verde
Verde

Post by KevinR »

Auto Italia Motorsport day was once again good fun . Thought I was gonna be the only GTV in the paddock and to my surprise there were two others aleady parked up when I got there . Richard Melvin was in his original Alfa Dealer Team Napolina2.0 GTV and alongside was Snowdon with the ex French GTV 2.5 race car ( non original) . Once we were out on the track it was impressive to see how well the 2.0 GTV went .... Actually it was surprisingly quick on the straight .
The 155 DTM replica lit up its tyres every time the accelerator went down . It was running a 20v turbo Fiat motor . Really striking car .
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (140.76 KiB) Viewed 6945 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (120.62 KiB) Viewed 6945 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (174.72 KiB) Viewed 6945 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (192.45 KiB) Viewed 6945 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (254.08 KiB) Viewed 6945 times
KevinR
Verde
Verde

Post by KevinR »

More pics
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (103.92 KiB) Viewed 6945 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (127.46 KiB) Viewed 6945 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (120.29 KiB) Viewed 6945 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (124.29 KiB) Viewed 6945 times
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

Nice Kev.I really need to go to one of the UK Alfa days. I'd love to go to NAD or the gathering of the local chapters.

We need to meet up when I'm in the UK in 2018. I'll stay in London for a few more days this time. I think you're not too far off from central London. This year we spent too much time enjoying the west country.

Maybe we should meet up at the Silverstone Classics? I really wanna do the ring with you lot, especially grandpa Jim, but it's not easy with the family. I have to fly out to Dusseldorf on a separate trip.
KevinR
Verde
Verde

Post by KevinR »

Silverstone classic was really good this year . Must go both days as they have some good 80s bands playing on Saturday night and it's a real party . I stayed at a b&b which was really comfy next to the track for £50 a night . Usually my mate runs one of her GTV's that race so their is always an interest and of course my mate Steve who hopefully his back is fixed will be back in his 156 touring car .
Alex and the guys went to Spa and the Ring this weekend . I Need to put some more interior in my track car with a working demisting system before embark on that journey .
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

Steve Dymoke? Saw his name on Neil Smith's FB page with the S2000 156. That's a beautiful car. I'd like to see the ex-BTCC 155 car there.

Jim, wanna come to Silverstone 2018?
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Who's paying? :mrgreen:

Jim K.
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

I think the answer is obvious. MD. MD said just make sure you don't go to red light districts and sleazy motels. Only 5star accommodations are allowed if he is paying. Also make sure the beer you drink are the best in England. Oh and no EasyJet or RyanAir, he said business class on British Airways is ok. He doesn't want his reputation of being a generous sponsor to go down the drain because of you.

:mrgreen: :wall:
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Yeah, I seconds that. Just be sure when you send me the invoice JK that it's not on that shiny paper stuff. It is way too slippery and makes for a very crappy wiper. Oh yeah, I just remembered another piece of advice for ya. Be sure to wear the full body condom for protection. Check with Leslie Nielsen for suppliers.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

MD a 'generous sponsor'? That cheapa$$? The guy takes a dump in the woods and then puts up a 'fertilizer sale' sign! :lol: :mrgreen: Generous? Ask him how many years it takes him to go through a single roll of toilet paper? Saves water flushing, too -hence the woods and the dry leaves...blah! :oops:

Jim K.
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

JK you're being unfair. You conveniently left out that he also said it was organic fertilizer. That organic label makes it worth 50% more!

Wow, we've toally shat on Kevin's thread now :lol: