Alfa Romeo ONLY please!
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Track day modified Zender Bumper and bonnet mods

Post by SydneyJules »

I will post photos of these as these develop, but there are two major ideas here- I'd like anyone's input or experience, please:

Basically, I want to be able to swap my (real) original Zender bumper off and fit my fibreglass copy as easily as possible, for track days. The head aches are; quick release fasteners and the indicators.

Fasteners, I've narrowed down to:

http://www.quik-latch.com/quik-latch-mini-latch.html and www.aeroloc.co.uk, for the underside of the front part of the bumper, and Dzeus fasteners for inside the inner forward lip of the front guards.

Anyone with any ideas or discussions or strength issues, please feel free to point them out.

Indicators, I'm likely to have the wiring modified to take a quick release plug.
Looking at making a carbon under tray and adding some brake ducts, possibly mucking around with canards and flutes a bit later on- just for fun!

For the bonnet, it will be permanently on the car.
It's likely that I'll:
Modify the carbon skin bonnet I have now by bonding it to a fibreglass frame (hoping to take a mould from a steel bonnet I have in the next few weeks).
It will remain hinged at the front.
Taking results from http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&A=113176 (worth reading all 4 parts!), I will graft in two vents either side of the hump, at the forward end of the bonnet to take radiator exit airflow out of the engine bay.
And as discussed in another topic, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery- trying to figure out an SA 3.0 style NACA duct in the hump.

Unless someone has an SA bonnet mould and can have one done in bling bling carbon fibre for me?!

Pics to follow
Fixing it bit by bit....
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Re: Track day modified Zender Bumper and bonnet mods

Post by SydneyJules »

Mounts...

Blue would be the Aeroloc or quik latch locks, yellow the Dzeus fasteners and the green arrow points to the shape of the bumper I'd like to try and accentuate, hoping it removes airflow away from the front tyres....
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (61.24 KiB) Viewed 3953 times
Fixing it bit by bit....