Any and all Alfa Romeo Car Parts advertisements.
75evo
Verde
Verde

Re: Late model 3.0 75 starter Bosch part no ?

Post by 75evo »

Well JK, before you get too excited, I think this website used the same photo for starters for the X19, Fiat Spyder, and Alfa. So it could be just a case of not enough photos, too many products. :D

Then again it could that the product will come with note saying "minor modification needed" i.e. go get a machinist to line it all up for you :|

BTW, nearly all the euro ebay sellers don't even wanna deal with shipping to the US. Some won't even respond as soon as I say the word "US". What a pain in the butt. I got my renault electric power steering through a friend in the UK, even the UK sellers sometimes don't want to deal with overseas shipping. Although it's not as bad as You-rope.

So JK if MD's curse on you works, and your car turns into a pumpkin and the engine is still intact, I'd like to buy your starter motor :mrgreen:
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

I'll give you my starter when MD shows concrete evidence of his sex-change operation with before/after pics. :oops:
Jim K.
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

I finally did it, an adapter flange to use a 164 starter since they are easily found in the US.

I think Jim has a flange for 156/GT/GTA starters.

Require minor machining of the donor starter.

Maybe I will sell it as a "GTV6.COM adapter flange"

No grinding so I think it works!

https://youtu.be/lgoO6-PyZt8

Will post photos later.