SA GTV6 2.5 restoration and few minor mods !

With the oldest GTV6 nearing 40 years in service, a forum to document projects and restoration seems sensible.
MD
Verde
Verde

Re: SA GTV6 2.5 restoration and few minor mods !

Post by MD » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:43 pm

Sure that has to help but there is more to it than just a light throttle spring. The travel form zero to hero is too long causing the pedal to be too high so you have to lift your ankle back to an unnatural position. To get it just right the whole thing virtually needs a custom fit for the individual. A shitload of stuffing around in my case anyway.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
KevinR
Platinum
Platinum

Post by KevinR » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:31 am

Yes .. on standard set up pedal is too long but for touring and non track use with foot rest it’s fine . Having said that on my race car I changed the ratio of travel by keeping exact same pedal set up but then the cable wraps around a small grooved outlet wheel I had machined. By varying the diameters of the wheel this altered the pedal travel. As the wheel is round ( like most should be:)) the pedal is totally linear to throttle opening unlike the 164 wheel on plenum . It starts off more oval .. this was before drive by wire where you can map your different throttle curves.
So I used a 50mm Diam wheel which gave a decent throttle ratio.
KevinR
Platinum
Platinum

Post by KevinR » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:31 pm

Everyone has their own personal brand of oil the like for engine and gearbox. For the racing car with the plate types lSD I always used the Redline 75w90NS but for the standard gearbox without the LS I am following local advice and going with the Millers. It works out about £17/litre.
Let's see how it goes.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (156.71 KiB) Viewed 36 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (112.1 KiB) Viewed 36 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (151.04 KiB) Viewed 36 times