New GTV6 project, 1981 Rosso

With the oldest GTV6 nearing 40 years in service, a forum to document projects and restoration seems sensible.
Michael
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New GTV6 project, 1981 Rosso

Post by Michael » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:15 pm

This is what I'm planning to try first.
As you pointed out Mike, the pink is (usually) power source and the case has a separate pin there with a 15+ label. Plus the pink wire is a little longer so makes sense that it does not connect to the back plug. I'll connect the white/red wire to the center pin. BTW the 5th pin on the connector is not used (I opened the box to check it out).
Attachments
Wiring.jpg
Wiring.jpg (96.81 KiB) Viewed 450 times
Michael
1981 GTV6
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:16 pm

With all that heavy duty gearing, I am thinking that the device is meant to be a control box for some purpose that needs remote control. Perhaps a heater valve, an air vent, a demister flap, an early intermittent wiper controller ( long bow here). Dunno.
At the end of the day, it cannot be a key element to the operation of the vehicle as it is not a component used in other markets as it has been suggested.

Certainly a good brain tease.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
heavymetalalfa
Silver
Silver

Post by heavymetalalfa » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:34 pm

I've had 75 GTV6's and I have seen a lot of those. They aren't on every car, to my knowledge.
I always figured it was a speedo sender amplifier/decoder for the dash speedometer. Taking the pulses from the trans sender and as they increase, it mechanically turns the potentiometer that moves the needle in the speedo head
Serious GTV6 freak
37 Alfas at the moment
Always Looking For Another- couple dozen