Cannibal
Silver
Silver

Need piston sizes to match Wilwood masters...

Post by Cannibal »

I'm planning to remove the ABS from my Verde Milano and replace it with manual brakes (track car).

The plan is to use 2 non-boosted Wilwood master cylinders with a balance bar between them. I need to know the size of the front and rear pistons to help figure out the size of master cylinders so I can closely match my pedal travel.

Also, for those who have done this mod, please chime in with info on your setup. I'm curious to hear feedback.

Thanks,
Steve
tomp
Gold
Gold

Post by tomp »

Ive been investigating the same thing however there is a bit of a design issue if you wish to keep your stock ABS pedal box. The balance bar will have to be perpendicular to the pedal pivot axis. This wont work correctly. I have some sketches of a solution but its not elegant enough to get excited about. If you want to know what master cylinder sizes to use go to stoptechs web site. they have detailed design formulas that will get you to the correct theorietical size. Note that you will need to know the CG of your car accurately since it has an enormous influence on brake torque distribution.

-Tom P.
patzo_3l
Platinum
Platinum

Post by patzo_3l »

are you talking about the standard calipers because if you are then they are all 50mm pistons front and rear as far as i know.

patzo_3l
gtv 3L turbo
Micke
Verde
Verde

Post by Micke »

48 mm front and 38 mm rear.